Chapter 31

Jinyoen was humming softly looking at the water of the pond.

"You seemed to be in  deep thoughts lady Jinyoen" Master Wi -hwa questioned. She looked at him.

"May be I am. Have you ever felt totally confused about yourself? Like you can't figure out what do you need from you?"

"What do you mean my lady? You have power. You can even throw the queen off. You don't need to worry about anything"

"Power isn't everything master. Power does no good for people. People keep fighting for it. But it's useless."

"My lady what do you think about hwarang? What do we need to teach them?"

"Hwarang belongs to the people of Silla. Hence they must be gentle. Kind. They should know how to respect the others. They should know how to prevent a war. A fight doesn't end when one of them dies. It will call for another fight. It ends only when they both win. They must know that. They should know the value of a life. You have to build hwarang like that. They should be strong yet kind."

After hearing this Wi-hwa smiled. "You and the princess are totally opposite. She thinks about killing people and you think about saving them."

"People have different ways of thinking master" Jinyoen left Wi-hwa alone.

                                                             ... 

"What do you mean  Ahro?"

"Princess Sookmyun asked me to be her physician."

"What did you say? Did you say 'yes'?"

"I didn't have another option Jin"

"What!" Examined Jinyoen angrily.

"I'm going to talk to her"

"No, Jin. Don't. Let me do this. I'm fine with that."

"But still"

"No, Jin it's alright" Jinyoen sighed.

                                                     ...

"So, you are going a hunting trip with princess!" Jinyoen raised her eyebrow at Jidiwi. They were standing on a bridge at the hwarang house.

"I don't have a choice but obey her command. I'm a hwarang after all." Jinyoen looked away and sighed deeply.

"I heard she is going to test you all."

"She is. She hasn't changed at all" Jinyoen didn't say anything. She just nodded her head.

"What is it? You are unhappy about something"

"I'm worried."

"Worried? Why?"

"The princess is going to make you all like heart less men.  A friendly match between you guys are alright. But this. This will teach you to be selfish. She is going to kill you guys by yourselves. Why a hunting trip? What have those poor animals done to her? She is going to make you all blood thirsty and power hungry morons. It won't do any good for Silla. She is trying to control hwarang. Hwarang belongs to people. Why doesn't she understand it?"

Jidiwi was shocked. He knew what Jinyoen said was true.

"For make things better I promise you that I won't kill any animal." Jidiwi said. Jinyoen smiled at him and rested her head on his shoulder. Jidiwi kissed her head.

                                                                           ...

When they came back from hunting Jinyoen saw Sunwoo was injured. She went to him. Asking him what happened.

"The wound isn't much deep. You are lucky."  Suddenly a sound of banner falling caught their attention. They all looked up' It says,

"THE KING IS WITHIN THE HWARANG"

Jidiwi was shocked. They all watched master Wi- hwa tore the banner in half and threw it to the grounds.

"If this is a joke. I will forgive it just this once. However if there is motive behind this I won't forgive him for the second time." Wi-hwa announced. The crowd started to clear except for three. The rain started to fell when Jinyoen intertwined her hand with Jidiwi letting him know that she is here for him. Jinyoen signed Ahro to take Sunwoo inside to treat his wound. She hugged Jidiwi saying "I'm here for you"