Chapter 37

Jidiwi, Banryu and Sooho stood facing the courtyard. The crown prince and princess Sookmyung were sitting behind them.Prisoners of Silla and subjects of south Buyeo standing either ways witnessing the fight. Sunwoo entered the field a cloth had tied on his arm as the general had injured him prior to bring him there. Jidiwi scanned for Jinyoen.  He saw Ahro but not Jinyoen.  He was burning from inside. His only friend is going to fight with the crown prince to protect his people and the women he loves wad nowhere to be seen. The crown prince stepped in front of Sunwoo.  "I'm South Buyeo's crown prince Chang, today I plan to face Silla's king Jinheung in a sword fight.  This contest is a fair one where we respect each other. Depending on the outcome,  henceforth the relationship between the two nations will become different.  No matter what comes I will accept the result. This in front of Baekje's commander and Silla's hwarang I swear." The subjects of South Buyeo cheered.

Sunwoo drew his sword. The fight started. The crown prince managed to struck Sunwoo a few times. Sunwoo managed to flip the tables as he attack the prince.The general started to move forward but princess Sookmyung stopped him saying" Didn't you say it's fair contest which is at the stake of Silla and South Buyeo?" Sunwoo beat the crown price badly. They put away their swords and got down to hand in hand combat. Sunwoo hold his sword at the crown prince's throat and demanded "acknowledge your defeat"

The prince nodded saying,"through this incident I will not go a war with Silla and release the princess and  entire delegation." He began to walk away but Sunwoo stopped him."What about the subjects?"

The crown prince smirked and said," They have nothing to do with this incident. Since they are criminals for stealing they will have to pay from their lives"

                                                    ...

Jinyoen examined Dae-su's wounds. She was relieved that they weren't very deep. Hers however were very deep. Her shoulder was hurting like mad. Even though she wanted to find Jidiwi and Sunwoo she hadn't any strength left. She tried to get up couple of times but fell again. Dae-su was looking at her with fearful eyes. She made him sat on her lap and started singing. Her eyes started to get heavy and she fell asleep due to the tired.

                                                    ...

      Later on Sunwoo and Jidiwi sneaked back to the palace grounds silently taking out the guards one by one. They managed to get into the pleasant jail and broke them out. Both Sunwoo and Jidiwi looked for Jinyoen but she was nowhere to be seen.

"I don't know where Jin is. They said because she is a high ranking noble woman they cannot put her in to jail. They took her to the prince" Ahro told them. Jidiwi tried to go to the palace but Sunwoo stopped him.

"If you leave the lives of these people will lost. Beside you won't be able to find her in there. I know her. She must have find a way to escape." They led the pleasants to the exit. At the allyeway they were surrounded by guards. Both Sooho and Banryu joined as well. They managed to get the prisoners out from the palace grounds. They led them to the woods in order to protect them. When they were at the woods Sooho heard a scream. He and Banryu went to the direction of the sound came. They saw a woman who was badly injured was fighting with two soldiers while shielding a small boy. As she struck them down she heard the sound of their footsteps. She turned fast blocking the little boy from them by her body and pointed the sword at them. Once she recognize them,

"Banryu and Sooho" She questioned uncertainly. When they saw who the woman was,

"Jinyoen" Sooho was the quickest to hug her. The little boy hid behind Jinyoen.

"It's alright Dae-so. They are good people."

"Where are the others?" She asked them.

"Come they are there" Said Sooho pointing his finger. Banryu tried to carry the boy but he continued to clung Jinyoen. So, she lift him up. As soon as Jinyoen came in to the view Sunwoo jumped and hugged her. She ignored the pain and smiled at him. Jidiwi was staring at her in shock. Jinyoen's hair was a complete mess. Her clothes were covered from blood. And she was white as a sheet.When Jinyoen saw Jidiwi she smiled at him. Jidiwi ran to her and bought her in to his chest.

"I- I thought I have lost you. I thought the love of my life has left me. Was it the crown prince who hurt you like this. I will never forgive him"

"It's alright Jidiwi. I'm fine. These are some wounds. They will recover. I'm glad that you are safe"

They came to the border of Silla. The prisoners started to celebrate their freedom. But suddenly arrows flew towards them killing the prisoners. The crown prince ordered his general to attack the people.But he was stopped by the hwarang who came with master Wi-hwa. The crown prince asked for forgiveness for hunting in a wrong place and he left.

Suddenly Jinyoen started to get dizzy. She couldn't take it more and she fell to the ground with a thud.