Chapter 39

Jinyoen was sitting her room thinking hard about upcoming matters. She heard that the queen is going to create wonhwa again. She knew the queen is defiantly going to pick her as the first victim. She was in deep thoughts when Kyung came to her place with a letter in her hand. Jinyoen nodded her head. Minutes later a man came in. He bowed Jinyoen.

"Lady Jinyoen I see you have recovered well." Jinyoen nodded her head.

"Lord Hwi-Kyung, long time has passed since we have last spoken."

"Indeed it has my lady."

"What brings you here? You were away from the capital when I got here"

"I was. But I needed to meet the queen"  Jinyoen let a mocking laugh.

"You met her. How nice!" Lord Hwi-kyung understood that Jinyoen was mocking him but didn't say anything. Because he knew how much power this young woman holds.

"So, are you planing to revenge against the queen now? Hwi-kyung chuckled.

"You are still same my lady. You speak a little too early"

"I'm speaking what I know Hwa-kyung. Who is your son then?" The man stared at her without saying anything. "I know the real reason which bought you here Hwa-kyung. You need your son to be the king of Silla. And you came here asking my help. Am I correct? Or not?"

Hwa-kyung shocked. He hadn't been imagined Jinyoen would know such a thing.

"Where your loyalty lies? Is it with Park youngshill?" Jinyoen asked while drinking tea.

"I know which side I'm in my lady. I think it's good if only I know about that"

"Good. Anyway what kind of profit I get for helping your son? How are you going to pay?"

"What do you need then?" Jinyoen laughed loudly at this.

"You have already crowned him aren't you? Be careful. People who raise their hopes quickly usually fall the hardest. What will happen if you fall like that? Just imagine. Be careful when you talk with me Hwa-kyung. I can make you and your son dance in my palm." Of cause Hwa-kyung was expecting something like this. He knew Jinyoen wasn't going to accept this soon but without her help it would become hard his son to become the king. He knew it. Because of this he chose not to say anything to Jinyoen which will raise her anger.

                                           ...

Jinyoen was arranging some medicine when Jidiwi came in. She smiled at him but quickly disappeared when she saw his serious face. 

"What happened?"

"I need to ask you something ". Jinyoen nodded her head. 

"If I say 'I love you so much' and want to farm with you , have children and live like an average person , would you come with me?" Jinyoen's eyes widened. "I cannot do anything for you. I have no wealth. I may not have a decent house.  However I am saying I will trade the throne for you"

Jinyoen stared at him clearly shocked. She took his hands with hers. "Are you going to you use me as your excuse to run away? You've lived asking from yourself why you must be the king. You know why you have to be the king. I know it's not easy as it sounds.  But you can't give up. Everyone has responsibilities.  They have to fulfill them. They cannot run away. You can tell it from their eyes if someone has given up. And I see your eyes you have never once given up "

Jinyoen hugged him. She felt his tears were falling.  She didn't say anything just let him cry on her shoulder." You are not alone Jinheung.  I'm with you. I will never leave you "