Chapter 44

Jinheung entered the throne room dressed in royal wear. He sat on the throne. Park Youngshil stepped in front.

"I, Silla's Gaken, believe that a different sacred bone Sunwoo should be crowned as the king. As he is the son of Hwi-kyung"

As he finished saying this Hwarangs entered the throne room lead by Sunwoo. They looked independent and beautiful. They stood right in front of the throne. Sooho joined them ignoring his father's request.

"Today the hwarang has selected a king for the future" Sooho announced loudly." We hwarang in this place would like to pledge allegiance before his majesty who will listen to his people and make Silla strong."  The entire hwarang knelt in front Jinheung.

Sunwoo stepped forward and" With the spirit of Silla pledge allegiance for Silla and the lord of the Silla." He drew his sword. Park youngshill smirked.  Sunwoo held his sword up and "Long live his majesty Jinheung" The hwarang echoed his shout boisterously. Everyone was shocked. Sunwoo turned his sword on Park Youngshil's throat."traitor Park Youngshill who planned a rebellion aimed at his majesty's life, receive your punishment for your sins." "Also" Sunwoo continued "if anyone else has the same sentiments as this man step forward right now. The swords of hwarang will never forgive" All the ministers lowered their heads respecting their new king.

When Sunwoo looked at Jinheung, he understood the meaning of Jinyoen's words.'Never forget that you two are best friends. He did it to save your life. He doesn't care about power'

Sunwoo remembered his conversation with Jinyoen.

Later night Jinyoen came to meet him.

"Do you know who you truly are orabeoni?"

I know. I know who I am. I know why I don't have a name. I know that I'm a sacred bone."

"Do you want the throne?"

"No, I don't want it. Only I want is to make sure Mak moon didn't die in vain. Part of me wants to kill him because of him Mak moon died. Part of me wants to protect him because he is also my friend."

"You did protect him at Baekje. Didn't you? Why did you do it? Why orabeoni?"

"Because I believe in him. Only he can change Silla into a better place. He has that strength with him"

"What are you going to do then?"

"I will go far away from Silla. I won't come again."

"Are you not going to help him Sunwoo?" Sunwoo didn't give an answer for her.

"Consider well Sunwoo. The fate has given you a chance to correct your mistakes. Keep remember that you two were close friends" Jinyoen left leaving him to think.

Of cause no matter how hard he thought he couldn't make his mind to leave his friend alone. He cursed Jinyoen for making him understand that. He wrote a letter telling her that he would do anything to help his friend to claim his right.

The  doors of the the throne room opened again. There stood Jinyoen who was wearing a royal hanbok. Jinheung got up from the throne and went to her. He took her hand and lead her towards the throne. He announced  Jinyoen as his queen.

"Long live her majesty Jinyoen" All hwarangs cheer again.