𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐭 -- Prologue

Aether's POV:

                  "Sister, where are we going this time?" I asked my sister who kept looking at the map. She seemed nervous and worried, I wonder...what was bothering her? I took a glance at the map she was looking at, but i didn't seem to understand a thing. That's maybe because my sister was the one who did more studying than me when we were younger, and all i did was to hone my fighting skills. The more that i think of it, i really wished i was more focused on our studies, so that i might be able to understand what my sister's worries were. 

"Lumine? Are you okay? " I asked her one more time to make sure she was alright. 

" Yes Aether, I am. But its just..." , she took a quick glance around before continuing, "This...is our last place to visit in this world." She pointed at the cross in the map she was holding. How could I have not thought about that? Maybe i was just not in the right mind that day. 

"Last place? Do you want me to go say goodbye to all the people living around here?" I gave Lumine a bright smile .

"Aether, this is a serious matter, according to the people around here, they said that there was a god patrolling around that area and had heard of us before. " Lumine explained as she waved her hands around.

"Yeah so, what so wrong about that? Knowing us is common everywhere! It's like we are famous!"  Once again, i gave Lumine my cheeky smiled and went close to her. My sister, being a cool headed girl pushed my face away and gave a light smile before going back to her same facial expression, a frown. 

"This god hates us Aether...if we go there..-" I interrupted Lumine and told her with confidence, " Then we will have to go there, Lumine! We have to face our haters, even if I have to die, we should go there and meet that god!" As soon as i declared that, i took the map from Lumine's hands and ran toward's the cross on the map's direction. 

"Aether! Wait!" Lumine shouted but it was no use, I was too stubborn to listen to her. The only way she could try to persuade me was to chase after me, and so she did.

-At 'the cross on the map' 's location-

"This is it Lumine! This is where the last place of this world is!" I exclaimed happily.

"Haha...you guys finally reached...care for a battle?"

[ A/n's note ]:

Wahhh! I finally finish the prologue 1! I know i did end this off with a cliff hanger but i thought this would be perfect to write another chapter with! This is just the beginning and of course, Xiao will appear sooner later. This AU is actually similar to the original game's AU but- wait no spoilers hehe :) Thanks for reading anyways :D I cant wait to write prologue 2! 

[Picture creds: https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/50882 ]