𝑨 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅 -- Chapter 11

➪𝑨𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
"So uhm.., you wouldn't mind me asking you a very personal question would you Xiao?" I asked Xiao, looking down while walking. He looked at me curiously but I didn't want to look up. The question I wanted to ask was embarrassing yet also causing me to pry into Xiao's personal life that I should not be doing.

'I am just someone he helped, I have no rights to demand an answer from him so I'm just asking him for fun..' I thought to myself.

"Is there something that you want to say Aether?" Xiao asked me worriedly, looking at the arm I was holding onto.

"How did...how did you and Venti start dating?" I finally managed to spit out what I wanted to ask, saying it as my face was flushed peach red.

"Uhm.." Xiao replied to what I said, puzzled.

"I-im sorry! I'm so sorry for asking that!" I said with my teary eyes and embarrassed face. Xiao placed a hand on my head and patted it before giving a small smile.

"Well,.. Venti and I..We met by Zhongli, became friends and he took a liking to me. He confessed first but I only accepted his confession because I wanted to feel how the mortals felt when dating since I am no mortal but am an adepti, with only adepti energy following through my blood." Xiao explained, looking down. I kissed his cheek as his face slowly turned red.

"But I didn't feel a thing...my heart was blank and plain, just like any other day. I started to get tired and so I told Venti that I wanted to break up since I couldn't keep this up anymore." Xiao told me, looking like he needed a hug. I immediately ran towards him and gave him a big, warm hug, trying my best to make him happy.

"I think I hurt Venti's feelings but...I didn't want to tell him any later, good things have to end at some point in time. I told him earlier as I didn't want him to suffer later on but now..I..." Xiao's head plopped onto my shoulder, resting there. He seemed to be tearing up since I felt water on my shoulder.

"Xiao..." I said hugging him. I didn't want to see him hurt like that, that was the last thing I wanted to see.

"Please don't cry...You're making me hurt.." I said with my trembling voice, sounding devastated. Xiao lifted up his trembling hands and placed them around me, hugging me and placing me in his warmth.

"Thank you.. Aether.."Xiao said, lifting up his head. He kissed my forehead as I gave a puzzled face to him. 'Is kissing a norm in this place? Ah! I remember! Xiao told me this city is called 'Liyue' as he said the place he picked me up at was 'Liyue Habour'!' I thought to myself, smiling after learning that I knew the name of this city all along. Xiao snapped and let go of his arms that were wrapped around me, before turning his red head away from me.

"Hey, Xiao! It's a mint! Over there!"I pointed as I ran over to the mint. I bent down and started to try picking the mint. 

"Aether wait!-"Xiao shouted out to me. Confused, I turned my head to face Xiao who was running to me but it was too late.

"Perfect.."

[A/N's note]:

I'm so so sorry yall! My homework is pilling up these days since my teachers have been giving me a lot of homework but I will try my best to at least upload a chapter <3 I love yall and thank you so much for reading TvT I really can't believe that we hit 600+ reads! I'm so happy! Anyways, see you all in the next chapter! Sayonara!~