𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒗𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 -- Chapter 8

➪𝑨𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
I saw Xiao, looking shocked but had a little sadness in his face. I felt guilty. I shouldn't have shouted at the person who took care of me till now. I should repay him, but I didn't know how to.

"I-im sorry..." I said, my voice trembling. I glanced down to my hands which were held by his but I placed his hand away.

"I-i don't deserve to be in your life and ruin it... I don't want to be a burden, not to you, nor to you Hu Tao.." I said with my teary eyes, but Hu Tao shook her head.

"You're not a burden, not to me, nor Xiao! You're our friend! We take care of you cause we want to, right Xiao?" Hu Tao said cheerfully. Xiao nodded his head as he turned cherry red.

"Hu Tao, Xiao, thank you, but you guys don't get it...I don't want to bother any of you." I smiled as my voice kept trembling. A tear drop feel from my eye as I stood up from the bed I was resting on.

I picked up my sword and brisk walked off to the door but this time, it wasn't just Hu Tao who pulled me back, Xiao too, with a face that seemed like he was about to cry pulled me back. Hu Tao immediately let go of me when she saw Xiao's desperate eyes.

Xiao pulled me toward him and hugged me tightly, gripping onto me like he was never going to let me go. He placed his head on my shoulder and started tearing up. I was shocked. I didn't know how to react to Xiao crying. He was normally cool-headed and calm, never showing any emotions.

"Don't leave me Aether...not like how the others did..." Xiao whimpered. I knew what Xiao was going through. I felt it and went through it before. I knew he needed someone at this point of time so I hugged Xiao back, smiling.

"Don't worry Xiao, I won't. It'll all be fine...okay?" I smiled at the crying Xiao. I was tearing up too but I didn't realise it. I  tip-toed and kissed Xiao on the forehead, trying to calm him down. It worked as he smiled and patted my head.

"You like head patting me don't you," I sighed as I smiled at Xiao. His eyes widened and he turned cherry red again.

"X-xiao?" I asked worried for him. He kept turning cherry red these days, I wondered if he was sick.

"I'm fine Aether...you're just...too cu- I mean, too curious! Yeah.." Xiao was covering his face so I thought it was something important. I went up to him and removed his hand from his face, looking up to him. But that only made Xiao more red.

"I think you should leave him like that Aether..." Hu Tao gave a silly smile. I nodded my head in agreement of what Hu Tao said.

"I'll leave you guys to talk, I don't really like third wheeling you guys and watching you guys be lovely-dovey. I'll just go back and find Yan Fei to explore the forest, we'll be near by so call me if you need me!" Hu Tao stood up from her chair and started to walk to the door, waving at us.

"Bye Hu Tao! Thanks for your help!" I said waving back at her. She played a major role in this situation. If it weren't for her, I might have already left.

- 5 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚝𝚎𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 -

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you Aether..there were so much evidence stacked against you, so I could only believe what was presented to everyone." Xiao apologised to me.

[A/N's Note]:
Uhm so, I'm so sorry for not publishing chapters as frequently as usual. I was finishing up 'Given' the anime and it was so amazing. I completely forgotten about the ff but I had alot of time today so I decided to write a chapter for you guys. This chapter ended of weirdly but I swear, I'm planning for the upcoming chapters! Thank you for all your support in reading this ff! See you in the next chapter, Sayonara for now!~