𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒉𝒖𝒓𝒕, 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒕𝒉 -- Chapter 7

➪𝑨𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
I woke up to Xiao and Hu Tao, looking at me worriedly. I rubbed my eyes, not believing that they would be there for me still.

"Hu Tao? Xiao? Why are you here?" I asked. They didn't answer so I immediately embraced them. But Xiao was not acting normal. He pushed me away and turned his head away from me. He wasn't even looking at me at this point. I was puzzled. Don't tell me...he believes them too? I immediately frowned.

"I'm sorry..we're just not close enough to be able to hug each other, Aether," Xiao told me on the spot, looking regretful of saying that.

"Uhm, so Aether, what happened earlier was that Keqing and Ganyu found you surrounded by some Abyss Mages and so they helped you out. They found out that you had already fainted so they picked you up and wanted to bring you to their house but Zhongli had already banned you from Liyue so they brought you to this treehouse they made instead because it's not in Liyue." Hu Tao explained carefully to me.

"So.., why are you guys here instead of them?" I asked puzzled since they were not in the explanation that Hu Tao gave me.

"Oh, so Xiao and I were taking a walk in LIyue Harbour and uh.. we saw Keqing and Ganyu carrying you away so we decided to follow them and they told Xiao and me to take care of you, for now, hehe," Hu Tao said in a very bubbly manner.

➪𝑿𝒊𝒂𝒐'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
I couldn't stop thinking about the night where Childe died. I still could not believe that Aether would actually murder someone.

"Aether...did you really...murder Childe?.." I asked, trembling.

"Xiao, you know it couldn't have been me! I have never had anything against Childe and I barely know him! Why would you suspect me?" Aether replied, trying to explain why he should not be one of the suspects in the case.

"We only suspect you because we don't know you...because you're s traveler from another world. How could we trust someone we barely know..." I said as I stood up from my seat. I started walking toward the open door of the treehouse, wanting to leave but Hu Tao pulled me back.

"Hey Xiao, why leave so soon?" Hu Tao smiled at me and brought me back to my seat again.

There was an awkward silence between the three of us until Aether just glanced at me and shouted out angrily, "If Ganyu and Keqing didn't save me there, I'd be dead but happy, because I know that no one would ever believe me if I ever said a thing to them about what happened!" Aether started to tear up a bit, so I immediately leaned towards him and wiped off his tears. He pushed me away with a annoyed face.

"You..decided to believe..them..and now you're acting like you care about me. Where were you when I needed you huh? I know, you just left me to have your own fun, when I was there, suffering by getting in trouble for things I had never done and have been framed for!" Aether started off the sentence calmly but ended it off in a harsh and angry tone.

I was speechless by what Aether said. I really didn't know what to reply him...

[A/N's Note]:
Hehe, chapter 7 done at 2:31 am in the morning :)) I really need rest now since I'm tired from writing this chapter. I really really hope you enjoyed this chapter and I hope to see you in the next one! Sayonara!~