𝑻𝒐𝒐 𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒆 -- Chapter 12

➪𝑨𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
"AETHER WAIT!-" Xiao shouted out to me. I didn't even know that something would happen to me. By the time I turned back, I was drowned in darkness. There was no lights or anything, I could not see a thing.

"Xiao! Are you there? Can you hear me?!" I shouted out, starting to cry.

'Why does this keep on happening to me? Have I done something wrong?' I thought to myself. I hope that...Xiao is doing well outside while I am in this dark hole. I suddenly felt drowsy and fainted.

➪𝑿𝒊𝒂𝒐'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽:
The time I reached out my hand to Aether, he was already gone. I knew something was off. There were blue flowers that seemed like Mist Flower Corollas but I simply ignore them, thinking that they were just normal flowers which were blue.

' I wish I payed more attention, if I did, I wouldn't have lost Aether...' I thought to myself angryily as I smacked my head a couple of times with my fists.

"Now now, Xiao, don't hit yourself..." A mysterious voice was heard from my back. I grabbed onto my polearm and pointed it to the shadow behind me.

"Woah woah! Xiao calm down! It's me! Venti~" Venti said with a little smirk. I growled as I attempted to attack him.

"You seriously do care about this Aether boy huh. Do you like him? You seem to be around him, everywhere, everytime, everyday." Venti said as his face started to turn black. He was pissed, angry to be honest.

"It's my mission to protect him. Mr Zhongli-"

"MR ZHONGLI WANTS HIM GONE XIAO! GONE!" Venti interrupted me by shouting at me. Didn't really expect that Venti would shout at me. All this time, he had always spoke to me in a gentle voice, unless he was fighting with me. But this time, he rose his voice and tone, stating that he was really angry. After realising something that I should have thought of earlier, I jumped in shock and horror.

"Did you...." My voice seemed like it was trembling.

"YES I DID! HAHA. SO THAT YOU AND I COULD BE TOGETHER, WITH NO OBSTACLES-" Before Venti could finish his speech, I threw the polearm at him, injuring his hand as the polearm sliced into his soft palm.

"Tell me where Aether is." I growled as I gave him a death stare.

"That boy? Haha. Go find him yourself since you care so much for him." Venti smirked as he gave a evil laugh. Suddenly, some gangs of hurilicurls, a few ruin guards and some of the fatui stopped me.

"Venti..." I snarled. I had no words for him, I didn't know he would be so heartless. Seemed like they did not want me to get pass.

"We shall not let you pass." One of the Fatui said as a smile plastered on his face.

"Let's finish this quickly." Another of the Fatui said as he started to crack his knuckles. Within a few minutes, I beated all of them to pulp. I guess Venti didn't prepare that well. He probably did not know that I have still been training to get stronger these days.

"Aether..." I said in worry.

[A/N's note]:
I AM BACK GUYS! I'm so sorry I held all of you guys back. I'm currently going through many things but I want to thank you all for 900+ readers! This ff has been growing alot since I even started it and I am happy with its progress! I love all of you and I hope you're having a great morning/afternoon/night/day today! Thank you for reading this ff and I will see you in the next chapter! Sayonara!~