Chapter X [Balam's Lesson]

Episode Release Date: 19th June 2021

In Babyls Demon School, Netherworld History Classroom

  The substitude instructor, Balam Shichiro- Study of Imaginary Beast Instructor, set foot to the floor with a stick of used chalk in his gloved hand before the lesson for Netherworld History has begun. And this would not be as normal as you may think. Knowing that students will run away from him, Shichiro had everyone in the room tied to thick vines that were all rooted to the ceiling. Now, without further ado, let's get started for class, everyone. Are you ready?

  "Throughout our history- the history of the Netherworld, that is- countless imaginary beasts have existed." Said Shichiro, not bothered with Clara on this shoulder, "The study of imaginary beasts involves learning via imagination." Then, Ryūko and Iruma got pulled over to him as he spoke. "After all, it's a subject in ehich we research creatures of the imaginary kind." Continued Shichiro patting the heads of both siblings before it was Asmodeus's turn, "There are plenty of unexplored regions in the Netherworld." "C-Could you perhaps stop this?" Asked Asmodeus being pat by Shichiro and Clara. "So there must be new species out there." Said the instructor, ignoring Asmodeus's words.

  "E-Excuse me..." Said Iruma. "What's that? You want to know what imaginary beasts eat?" Asked Shichiro, proceeding to the blackboard, "We believe that imaginary beasts eat other imaginary beasts! For example, cats in the Netherworld catch demon birds and eat them... But the imaginary version of a cat does not have wings! Therefore, we can theorise that it eats land creatures or water creatures." "Say, Azz-kun, is the reason all the other students ran away..." Asked Iruma. "Indeed. Balam-sensei's "skinship"." Explained Asmodeus, "Perhaps it's because he's in charge of an imaginary science, but whenever he sees a living creature, he has to touch it, so the lesson goes nowhere." "Apparently, he touches everyone to see if they're fit for his experiments." Whispered a student to Iruma. "E-Experiments?" Asked Iruma. "Rumour has it he kidnaps the students he likes... and then conducts experiments on them all night!" Said a cyclop demon from behind. That last sentence give strikes fear into students in an instant. But, there would always be one person who thinks otherwise. "Be it as you may, but I refuse to accept such rumours." Said Ryūko. "Huh? Why's that?" Asked Kaminari. "Rumours are words that spread without conclusive evidence." Explained Ryūko, "Without anything near conclusive, we cannot see if this is true or not. Therefore, I mustn't judge an indivisual by the way they appear or are heard to be." "Wow. That's so mature." Commented Yanna.

  "Now, then. Today, we will think about humans." Said Shichiro before a dummy tied by the waist came rolling down, "If a human were to appear in front of you, what would you do?" "Well, obviously..." Answered a student. "Eat them!" Exclaimed the one beside the former. "I hear humans taste really good." Said Azuki, "I wonder if that's really true." "I wonder if they can truly satisfy my palate." Said Dosanko fanning herself. "Well, that may be as you think, but I don't see it that way." Said Yanna nervously, "I would say that I would want to talk with them." "I would tell them not to get at my bad side, but I wouldn't eat them as long as that's good between us." Said Kaminari. Iruma recalled the lyrics of the school anthem- "Humans only exist to be our food" that is. He was truly terrified, so much that his soul left his body.

  "Pardon me, Balam-sensei." Addressed Ryūko, "As it is said humans are filled eith desires- benevolent and malevonent, does that define humans being a sustenance for us demons?" "Hm, you have that right, young lady." Nodded Shichiro as he and Clara poked the dummy, "You probably took the words out of my mouth." "What would you do if you encountered a human, Sensei?" Asked Kaminari and Haruno by coincidental sync. "Me?" Asked Shichiro. He wordlessly turned to the dummy, leaving suspense around the room. "Don't just stop talking, it's creepy." Said a student. "He's totally experimenting in his mind rigjt now." Said another. "Is he really going to eat them?" Asked Haruno
"Misguided souls, please remain silent." Requested Lavande. "Well, if I ever met a human... I'd love to ask them how they managed to survive." Answered Shichiro, "Imaginary beasts are ancient, and the fact that they've survived this long must mean that they live in a peaceful environment. But the Netherworld's ecosystem is unforgiving. That's why we demons attained wingds during our evolution. In a race for survival, wings are essential. Even if you don't have hornd, as long as you have wings, you can flee... As long as you have... Huh?" While he was saying that, Shichiro was touching the backs of Ryūko and Iruma, finding something strange. He then flung both twins onto his shoulder before he fled from the class.