Chapter XIX [Clara's House]

Episode Release Date: 22nd August 2021

At Roosevelt Hotel

  Just yesterday, after saving Walter Park, Clara suggested Ryūko, Iruma, Asmodeus and Lavande come over to her place. After all, the Valac household does seem to be in a forest that drags no attention whatsoever, so that might be the best option. "Valac... You actually live in a house?" Asked Asmodeus. "What do you seriously think, Asmodeus-san?" Questioned Ryūko with a disappointed deadpan, "She isn't a wild animal and mind your manners. I thought you were better than that. At least Lavande has some decency as compared to you." "Clara's house?" Wondered Iruma, "I think this is the first time I've ever been invited to a friend's house." "Lady Ryūko, you said there is work to be done at Babyls." Noted Lavande, "Will you have any ways through attention?" "Fret not, noble guardswoman." Reassured Ryūko, "I've learnt a teleporation spell from a book and I should be able to collect all my documents while getting to Battler work in a flash. You can go along and have fun with Iruma, Valac-san and Asmodeus-san. Take good care of him for me." "Is that so? As you wish, my lady." Understood Lavande. With that, Ryūko disappeared in her teleportation spell. Who know where will she end up?

In Hubbub Forest

  Apparently, Clara's place is located in Hubbub Forest. Did we recall that she mentioned this place back in the 'welcome home after-party'? What's more is that only the Valacs know the way through the forest. As the Iruma, Asmodeus and Lavande followed Clara, they were welcomed to the terrain by a yellow frilled-neck lizard standing on its hind legs before it went away. Asmodeus seriously couldn't believe what he was witnessing. Lavande was already fascinated by the flora and fauna around her, being unlike anything she's seen before. Iruma just laughed at Asmodeus's reaction to seeing the lizard. This place is certainly a perfect match for Clara.

  Not too long after, they reached Clara's house. And it wasn't surprising that almost her whole family gave a warm and energetic welcome to the high school friends. "We've only been here six seconds, and they're so loud." Commented Asmodeus. "What an interesting way to welcome guests!" Said Iruma. "I'm sure this is very special to them." Smiled Lavande. After that welcoming ritual... or whatever that was, Clara praised her family for what they all did together. "You guys sure put a lot of work into that one!" She said. "I worked up a nice sweat." Said Mrs. Valac. "Hello! Thank you for having us over!" Greeted Iruma. "I am most honoured to be here." Curtseyed Lavande. Asmodeus also thanked the Valacs for their hospitality, but he couldn't finish his sentence with Mrs. Valac chiming in to tell the teens to relax and make themselves at home. "You came through Hubbub Forest, right? Isn't it interesting?" Asked Mrs. Valac, "Now, now, jow. When Clara mentioned that she was going to bring over... What did she call them? Friends? This is a first for our family. Classmates are so lovely. All of you looking out for each other is beautiful. Would you like some candy? Maybe lunch already? Perhaps a bath? Would you like to dance with us?" Looks like Sin Sin and Ran Ran clinged onto Iruma again after the last time they met. Their mother had to pick those adorable twins up, making sure to not trouble their guests. "Mommy's going all-out!" Said Keebow. "This is the first time Nē-chan's had friends over!" Agreed Konchie. "Keebow, Konchie, make sure you greet them." Reminded Mrs. Valac. They all stated their names (bar Urara as he's at school, wherever he's studying) and striked a pose as they usually do. Then there was a another welcome dance round. This family sure is a fun one.

  "Here's a gift from Walter Park." Said Iruma handing over a box of cookies from the amusement park to Mrs. Valac, "And this card over here is from my sister, Ryūko. And she says hello, even if she isn't here because she has some work to attend to." "Why, thank you." Said Mrs. Valac. "Here's a replica of Walter Castle." Said Asmodeus, gifting his sovenier to the adult, "It's made of chocolate." "My. My, you shouldn't have." Said Mrs. Valac flattered. "From my estate's botanical garden, Glaze Lilies and Violetgrass." Said Lavande handing over a simple yet elegant bouquet of her flowers. Suddenly all the younger siblings started to get after the chocolate replica of Walter Castle. Their mother told them to mind their manners as they are receiving gifts from guests, and surprisingly they're fast to listen to mother's words. Poor Asmodeus, that was so troublesome for him to handle.