Chapter 2

6/20/21
(Your POV)
As I walked into a room that looked like a bombing shelter, a short chubby man with a blue shirt came up to me.

"Hi! I'm Tonpa! What's your name?"
"Um why should I tell you?" I sneered.
"Oh um I was just wondering..."
He pulls two cans of orange juice from his bag and says
"How bought a toast to friendship?" I look at down at him. He obviously thinks I'm stupid because I'm a rookie. Idiot. "I'm not stupid. Do you honestly think I would fall for your dumb little trick?" I grab the drink, drop it on the floor and walk away. I go over and stand against the wall.

(Time skip brought to you by Hisoka's gravity defying hair)

I hear the elevator doors open and look over. I see a 30 year old guy with a green haired kid and a blonde guy.
The door closes and the bean dude gives them their tags. Tonpa walks up to them and starts his stupid skit.
The blonde sees me looking at them and I look away. I get this weird feeling in my stomach. it's like something flapping around in it. Weird. Just then I hear agonized screams. Without even turning around I know what happened. Hisoka.

(Kurapika POV)
I walk into the room with Leorio and Gon and a weird little bean man comes up a gives us our tags.
"Hello welcome to the Hunter Exam. Please keep this tag on you at all times"
he then walks away. A guy walks up to us and tells us his names Tonpa. I feel someone looking at us and I turn to meet their gaze. It's a girl around my age. She quickly looks away.
She's... pretty I guess.

I then here agonized screams coming from a guy who's arms are turning into petals at an alarming rate. "How peculiar. This mans arms seem to be turning into petals. Now you see them, now you don't. And the next time you  bump into someone do apologize." He smirks and walks away.
"Who's that?" Gon says. Tonpa looks at him. "That's Hisoka the magi-" he gets cut of by someone screaming "Hisoka you idiot!!!!!!"

I turn just as girl jumps into the air and punches Hisoka on his head. The room grows quiet as they wait for Hisokas reaction. The girl looks at him and says "Hisoka are you trying to draw attention to yourself? What did we talk about? Hm? Save the killing for later."
Hisoka mutters a sorry and walks over to a weird pin dude. Everyone is stunned.

"Hisoka didn't kill her" I said. Tonpa looks astounded.
"Uh... anyways as I was saying that's Hisoka. I would you stay away from him. He kills without remorse." He then pulls out some can from his bag. "How about a toast to friendship?" We each take a can. I don't drink it but Gon does. He lets it drop out of his mouth and says "Mr.Tonpa? I think it went bad..." Tonpa immediately says "It is? Im sorry I didn't know.

(Your pov)
After I tell off Hisoka I walk over to my wall and wait. The purple haired guy tells us to follow him so I do. He starts walking weirdly. "Oh how rude of me. It appears I have neglected to introduce myself. My name is Satotz and I am the phase one examiner."

He then slowly starts to pick up the pace. I hear someone yell and turn around to see the 30 year old dude telling of a kid "Hey! Show some respect to the exam!"

The kid turns around and says "hm? What do you mean? "this is and endurance test and your riding a skateboard!" The green haired kid then jumps in and says "no its not. The examiner just said to follow him. He never said to run." Then the old dude says "Who's side are you on Gon?!"

So. The green haired kid is Gon. Interesting. The kid on the skateboard asks what Gons name is and how old he is. Gon being the friendly dumb person he is tells him. Idiot. He could use that information against you. I roll my eyes and turn back to running. I still listen to bits and pieces of their conversation and learn the old dude is Leorio, the skateboard kid is Killua, and the blonde is Kurapika.

Kurapika... he's... cute I guess. WAIT, WHAT AM I SAYING?!? Ughhhhhh. I am not getting close to anyone. Bad me. Bad. After a while we get to some stairs. Tons of applicants have already dropped out. Weak. Anyway the stairs.

As we ran up them and Gon and Killua had a race. After a little longer we made it to the top of the stairs. Mr. Satotz told us about Swindlers Swamp and all the creatures that live there and how they would trick you so don't get separated from him.

The bushes at the end of the exit shook and a man walked out everyone turned to look at him. "Stop! Don't follow him! He's not the real examiner I am! See! He pulls out a monkey that looks like Satotz. "These monkeys have no physical strength so they lure you into the swamp where they have a ton of them waitng to attack you!!!"

An applicant then says "So that's why he was walking so weirdly!" Imbecile. And of course my stupid brother had to draw attention to himself. Again. He decides it would be a good idea to attack both Satotz and the false examiner with cards.

Satotz catches the cards but the false examiner doesn't "Well well that settles it. Your the real examiner~" Everyone looks confused so I jump in to the conversation.

"Satotz is the real examiner because if an examiner is hired by the hunters association to test applicants they would be ready for attacks at all times. That dude" I point to the dead dude "wasn't. It's as simple as that."

I turn and glare at Hisoka. He looks at me. "Sorry~" I rub the bridge of my nose. "Whatever it's fine." We start running in the Swamp.

I stick with Hisoka so I can try to conceal my presence. After a little Hisoka get surrounded by some idiot applicants. I just watch as they try to kill him. He of course kills them without a problem. That's when the real trouble starts. Leorio and Kurapika. Are. Here.

ARGHHHH WHY ARE THEY ALWAYS HERE.

Hisoka looks over at them. "Well? Do you want to play examiner?~" they look at each other and count to three. Then the both take of running in opposite directions. Hisoka turns around to leave but out of no where Leorio comes at him with a stick.

Hisoka hits Leorio. AND THEN GONS THERE! HOW THE HECK DID HE MANAGE THAT?!?!?! Gon hits Hisoka with his fishing pole line thing, and then Leorio attacks again and Hisoka knocks him out. Gon keeps attacking Hisoka and makes a smoke screen using the dirt. He goes to attack but Hisoka catches him and chokes him.

That's when I jump in. I run over and kick him in the stomach and then punch him. 5 times. Really hard. Then I stomp on him.

"HISOKA WHAT THE HECK?!? NO HURTING KIDS! NOT OK. HONESTLY I KNOW YOU LIKE FIGHTING STRONG PEOPLE BUT NOT KIDS. IDIOT." I turn to Gon. "Hey are you ok?"

He has his hand on his neck and looks up at me and says in a raspy voice "yeah I'm ok. Thanks!"
"Don't worry about it. HISOKA GET LEORIO AND GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF HERE BEFORE I GET EVEN MORE ANGRY.

Anyway do you know where the end point is?" He looks down and says
"no..."
"that's ok!!! Don't be sad!!! I bet we can easily find it!" That's when Kurapika comes running out of the bushes and over to Gon.
"ARE YOU OK GON?!?!"
"I'm fine Kurapika! Miss..." "Y/n" " Miss y/n saved me!!" Kurapika looks over at me
"thank you" I look away
"it's not a big deal. I'm sorry he got into that position in the first place." He shrugs
"still"
Gon starts sniffing the air.
"What are you doing?" I ask. Kurapika looks at me and says
"Gon has a nose as good as a dog"
Gon looks at us and says
"Leorio's cologne. I can follow it"
I look at him and say
"then let's go!"
We run and catch up with group just in time. Satotz looks at the group and says
"you have completed the first phase. I wish you the best of luck in the rest."
He then turns and leaves. I look over and see the doors on the wall open. Well, this is it. The second phase is about to begin.

(Word count: 1542)
(A/n: second chapter up! I'm so happy I finished this. I hope y'all like it! ~Author)