Chapter 16

(Your POV)
Pika and I arrive at the Mansion where the job is and we walk in. We go through the gardens and I see a weird dude hanging out with some dogs... that's weird. I take a mental note of him and we continue walking. We go inside the building and a butler leads us into a room. I see more people walk in and then the dog man comes in. I narrow my eyes at him and turn to tell pika but he is looking at a screen. I realize a person is talking and so I listen. He goes on about how we need to get body parts to get the job. That's... disturbing. I shrug and the butler gives each of us a device that shows the body parts we need to get. I scroll through and see one that says 'The Scarlet Eyes' I turn to look at Pika and his eyes are Scarlet now. Another person looks up and around until her eyes land on pika. I put my hand on his shoulder comfortingly and he looks at me calming down a bit. We all go to leave but then a ton of ninja people burst through the doors and attacked us. One flew at me and I attacked it but when I hit it, it didn't feel like flesh. I realized that there was a manipulator in the room controlling them. I look around and see a man just standing pretending to be fighting. I jump over to him and conjure my scythe putting it up to his neck. I glare at him and say "who are you and what do you want." He looks over to me "w-what are you talking about?" "Your manipulating these puppets and making them attack us. Why." He sighs and the puppet thingys fall to the ground. He pushes my scythe away from his neck "I work here as a bodyguard for the client. It was my job to attack you and try to keep you from leaving as a way to test your strength." I make my scythe disappear and sigh abit. "Of course you are" I look at the dude who was with the dogs. And you? I saw you hanging out with some dogs outside. He freaks out a bit and says that there not his and that he found them? Like dude they are obviously yours 🙄. Everyone starts talking about a second intruder and accusations are being thrown everywhere. I even heard my name once or twice. It all stops when Pika uses his chains to find the intruder and sure enough it moves towards dog dude. He says something like are we really gonna believe these two? They might be the intruders and I walk over to a wall promptly smacking my head on it. God these people are idiots. I hear a guy pulling out paper and he writes a haiku on it. It's about how if your the intruder you'll die. Everyone says no until we get to dog man. He finally gives and talks about what the dogs do. I just think to myself 'ha idiot you can never escape me'. We all leave to find our items. Pika and I stick together and find the items we need. We go back to the mansion and find that everyone else got what they needed. We all ended up getting the job and we start next week. Pika and i leave and I notice he looks nervous. "Pika? Are you ok?" He looks over at me, then back to the ground, the up and sighs, then back at me. He takes a deep breath and says the words I never thought he'd say "y/n, I love you"   Ha now it's my turn to be nervous. "Pika, the feeling is mutual" he jumps and looks at me weirdly "you do? Really?" "Yup. Pika your great and kind and sweet and adorable. Who wouldn't fall in love with you?" He laughs but then quiets a bit. "Does this mean that your my girlfriend?" I laugh and say "as long as it means your my boyfriend!" He nods and grabs my hand smiling. Its decided. I must protect this person with my life.
(Word count: 712)
(A/n: and another chapter. I'm not the best at writing relationship stuff but I felt like it should get started cause we're at the Yorknew Arc. I really hope you guys are enjoying the book (: there are only going to be a few more chapters, because like I said we're already at the Yorknew arc and Kurapika kind of disappears there. Anyways remember TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES YOU BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE. EAT A POMEGRANATE OR SOMETHING THAT WILL GIVE YOU PROTEIN FOR THE DAY. GET GOOD SLEEP. IF YOU DONT GET ENOUGH SLEEP FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME YOUR BRAIN WILL START EATING ITSELF. ITS TRUE LOOK IT UP. DRINK WATER. HYDRATE OR DIEDRATE. ~Author)