Chapter 3

6/21/21
(Your POV)
The doors open to reveal a large man in a yellow shirt and a woman with green blue hair and a mesh shirt. The woman says my name is Menchi and this is Buhara. Your task for this phase will be... "COOKING!!!". "What do you mean cooking?!" Says an examine. Menchi looks at him "exactly what it sounds like. You will have to cook a meal that will pass both mine and Buhara's taste test." The guy says "I'm not here to learn how to cook! I came here to be a Hunter!" Menchi glares at him. I look at him and say "Idiot." He glares at me "what. Did. You. Say?" "You heard me. Idiot." he starts to talk but I cut him off "the hunters association chose them to be examiners so obviously their strong. If you disrespect them they could easily fail or disqualify you. I would watch your mouth if you want to pass." Menchi looks at me quickly but looks away. "For this meal you will need one ingredient! Buhara?" She looks at him "your ingredient is pork! You can use any kind you find in the forest!" He exclaims. He hits his stomach and it makes a loud gong noise. "Go!" Everyone takes of running.
(Menchi pov)
Hm. That girl.... I like her. I turn to Buhara "we both know that there's only one kind of pig in this forest" he looks down at me and smiles "I know."
(Kurapika pov)
We all run out of the gates to find our pigs. I follow Gon since he seems to know what he's doing and I don't. He run to a hill and slides down. I run over "Gon are you ok?!?!" He stops at the bottom of the hill. Killua runs past me and slides down. I slide down after and then Leorio. Killua bumps into Gon I bump into Killua and Leorio bumps into me. "Gon?" He points towards ton or huge pigs wearing bones. "Carnivores pigs" I whisper. A pig turns to look at us. It gets the attention of the others and they all start to run at us. "RUN!!!" We all take off running the opposite direction. We run past lots of opponents until I see y/n hit one on the forehead. Ok so hitting its forehead kills it. Good to know. Oh! That must be why it's nose is so big! To protect its forehead! I turn to tell the others but Gon beats me to it. "Guys! Hitting its forehead kills it!" Some of the other applicants hear him and do the same. After our pigs are dead we bring them back to our cooking stations and start to work on cooking them. I look over at y/n and wonder what's going through her head. Maybe I'll talk to her later...
(Your POV)
I kill my pig and walk back to my station. Hopefully cooking all those meals for my stupid parents will pay off. I look around for the spices and supplies I will need. I decide to make pork ribs and something else with the rest of the meat. I cut the pig open and drain the blood. After that I cut the ribs and start a fire. I quickly whip up a marinade and a barbecue sauce. While I tend to the fire and cut the rest of the pig, I let the ribs sit in the marinade. After I finish I take the ribs out and start to cook them. I look over at the other applicants and most of the are just spinning their pigs over a flame until there burnt. No spices. They don't even pay attention. It's like watching people burn marshmallows. I watch the first applicant go up and get rejected by Menchi but passed by Buhara. This starts a steady stream of applicants the all had the same outcome. I take the ribs off of the fire and put the barbecue sauce on them. I add the finishing touches and step back to admire my work

(I do not own the picture!!!!!)I turn to the rest of the pork and make random dishes

I turn to the rest of the pork and make random dishes.