Chapter 18

(Your POV)
Pika and I are taking care of Miss Neon waiting for the job at the auction. It's around 12:00 pm when Miss Neon says she wants to go shopping. Pika dislikes her but I can tolerate her. I look over at Pika "I can handle this ok? You try to get some rest before the job" he nods and kisses my cheek then walks to his room. I blush. ONLY A LITTLE THOUGH!!!! ... ok maybe a lot BUT STILL. Miss Neon notices and I see a devilish smirk appear on her face. Ok now I'm a little scared. She nods to herself and looks at me. "Sooooo Y/n are you and Kurapika dating 😏" I blush a little more and sigh abit "yes we are" she claps her hands and starts to drag me out of the hotel. I grab her other guards and we go shopping. She drags me to a store that has what looks like evening gowns. I look at it a little startled. "Um Miss Neon? Are you planning on going anywhere that requires an... evening gown?" She smirks and looks at me. "Right now we're shopping for you, not me." Oh no. She drags me all around and has me try on about 25,000 dresses. We finally find one that we both like.

Well, she likes the dress part

Well, she likes the dress part. I like the part where I can take off the skirt to reveal a combat suit thingy.

(I don't own the pictures and also imagine the romper combat like also you can imagine anything else if you don't like this) We purchase the dress and head back to the hotel

We purchase the dress and head back to the hotel. When we get there I drop off Miss Neon to her helpers and go get ready for the job. I put on my new dress and do my hair. I put it in a bun because they are easy to fight in and I don't know if I will need to fight. Pika knocks on my door which startles me a little. "Y/n? We're all waiting for you" I have a look at the mirror and have a mini panic attack because I've never worn anything like... this. I sigh and say "I'm about to come out I just have to do one thing." I put on my shoes, (black high heels) take a deep breath and walk out. Kurapika just looks at me and blushes. He looks like a tomato honestly. Miss Neon giggles a bit at Pika. Then she does this whole thing about how she's gonna go and we end up having to knock her out to make her stop. We all go to our job positions. Pika and Melody on lookout, Baise, and the other two going in and me distracting the guards. I walk over to the guards and start up a conversation "so how are you boys doing this fine evening? It must be cold in the night air." They look down at me and Baise slips in with the other two. One of the guards looks me up and down "I'd say it's colder for you in that dress." I chuckle abit "you would think so wouldn't you. I have a jacket in my car" we have a friendly conversation until we hear a ton of loud bangs coming from inside. We all run into the auction center, but when we get there it's empty. There's nothing. No people no chairs no anything. The guards all run around trying to find the things that where being auctioned off but they can't find them. I walk out and start to run to get to Pikas location. I dial his phone number and call him.
(Kurapika pov)
My phone starts to ring and so I pick it up. "Hello?" "Pika!" I hear y/n's panicked voice
"Y/n?! Is everything ok?" "Um no its not I was distracting the guards and then there was loud banging in the auction room, and we went in and there was nothing. The people chairs and things that where being auctioned off where gone! I don't know where Baise and the others are and I'm kinda panicking and I'm heading over to you and RUNNING IN HEELS IS NOT EASY. IVE ROLLED MY ANKLE ABOUT TWENTY THOUSAND TIMES AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!" I look over at Melody because I don't know what to do. She says to give her the phone so I do. Melody calms y/n down and tells her to come over to our location. A few minutes later y/n arrives and walks over to us. She walks over to me and hugs me. I obviously hug her back but Melody looks a little alarmed, and so I give her a confused look. She starts to text me. 'Um y/n seems really panicked. That's what sound her heart is giving off at least' I looks down at y/n and then back and nod. We all head inside and I sit on the couch while y/n flops on me. I play with her hair for abit while Melody and I think of a way to calm her down. I text Melody, 'maybe tea?' Melody shakes her head and texts back ' I think she just needs a hug' I put down my phone and pull y/n up into a huggable position and give her the biggest hug I can. Some of the tension in y/n's body relaxes and I feel her calm down.
(Mini Timeskip brought to you by texture surprise)
It's been a few minutes and news has reached us that the phantom troupe has the auction items. Melody Y/n And I all get ready. I look over at y/n just as she pulls the skirt off the dress. I quickly look away and y/n notices but hear y/n snicker a bit. "Pika it's ok. There's a combat suit under the skirt" I relax and nod. 
(Your POV)
I put on my combat boots and we all head out to the. car to go find the phantom troupe. I can feel that Pika is tense and wants to kill something so I give him a quick kiss to make him feel better. He relaxes and we all head out to the car.
(Word count: 1033)
(A/n: anddddd there's another chapter. We're nearing the end of the book so I hope that you've enjoyed it so far. As always, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES. EAT DRINK AND SLEEP.DO IT. ~Author