Chapter 4

6/22/21
(Your POV)
The little bean man and Netero gather us all in a room and talk about getting food and rules and other stuff. I zoned out so I didn't really hear it. After that I just start to wander around. I walk over to the window bar thing and sit down. A few minutes later I feel someone approach me from behind. "Hello" oh so it's Kurapika. "Hey" I say back. He sits down next to me. We both look out the window. He glances over at me "So the cooking challenge... how did you make all that food?" I look over at him. I mentally debate if I can trust him. "Can I trust you?" "What?" "Can I trust you?" "Yeah? Why?" I sigh. Well there's no turning back now... "I cooked for my parents and me" "cooked?" "Yeah. They're dead now, good riddance." "Isn't it a bad thing when your parents die?" "Ha not in my case" I say bitterly. He looks over at me "what do you mean?" "Wait wait wait. I told you something about me now you have to tell me something about yourself." I say with a smirk.
(Kurapika Pov)
She looks at me and smirks. She looks cute when she smirks... I wonder what she meant by 'not in my case' were her parents mean to her? I look over at her. For some reason I feel like I can trust her. "My name is Kurapika Kurta. I am the sole survivor of the Kurta clan. My clan was murdered by the Phantom Troupe for their eyes. When we feel strong emotions mostly anger our eyes turn a to a shade of scarlet that is ranked one of the 7 most beautiful colors in the world." I look over at y/n and she looks mortified. "I heard about that... I'm so sorry" I look at her and smirk "now you have to tell me what you meant by 'not in my case'" she goes silent. "I guess I do." She sighs. "You know that Hisoka's my brother right?" I nod "Well he was never really around much because he was of doing important things, so that left my parents to do whatever they wanted without him knowing. Annnnnddddddd they took advantage of that. They never worked at on place for long which left me to do begging in the streets when they didn't have jobs to pay for food or bills. That was barley enough to get by. When I came home with money they would take half of it to by alcohol. They would get drunk and beat me mercilessly for hours using what ever they could find. Heck they even used a plank of wood with a nail sticking out of it. They always would stop 45 minutes before dinner and expect me to get up and make it for them. And if I didn't" she made a hand motion of someone beating a person. She looks out the window "I eventually had enough and killed them. I'm not even sure how. But I do remember having to run and get away from the police. One of them grabbed me but I managed to knock him out. I was eight..." she looks down "I still have the scars... that's why I were this" she points to the flannel shirt she wears as a jacket. I look at her. She looks as if she's about to cry. "This is the first time I've ever told anyone" her voice cracks. "I don't know how to tell Hisoka." She looks up at me "what do I do?" She whispers. I feel so bad for making her talk about it. I pull her into a hug and whisper "I'm sorry" she tenses but slowly relaxes and starts sobbing into my shoulder.
(Your POV)
He's hugging me. I tense but slowly let myself relax I stay to cry. He whispers 'I'm sorry' over and over. I try to say 'sorry I'm not usually this emotional' but it comes out "orry em not *hiccup* this motional" we just sit there for a few minutes until he says "we should probably go get some rest. I told Leorio I would stay in the same room as him... I'm pretty sure there's another bed if you want to come..." I laugh a little "I told Hisoka I'd stay in a room with him. We haven't gotten to talk a lot so we would use the time to catch up" I start to laugh more "we're probably gonna play cards the whole time" Kurapika starts to laugh to. We both die laughing for about 10 minutes. To normal people we would look like we were having a mental breakdown but we weren't.
(Leorio pov)
Achoo! Hmm am I getting a cold?
(Hisoka pov)
Echoo! Oh y/n must be talking about me~~~
(Kurapika pov)
Y/n and I go our separate ways for the night. Hopefully I will see her in the morning. It was nice being with her...
(Your POV)
I walk towards the room Hisoka and I are staying in. Kurapika hugged me... I haven't felt affection like that from a person expect for Hisoka in so long... oh there's that feeling again. That weird flappy one in my stomach... hm weird.
(Word count: 890)
(A/n: Alright 4th chapter down!!! I hope y'all like the book! Remember to take care of yourself and have a good day!!!)