13

It was the next day and Sensei Kreese said we will be going to coyote creek.
We were all waiting in the dojo. I was sitting in the corner, minding my own business.

HAWK POV
"Can you tell us why Amelia is so mean?"  Mitch asked as we all approached Sensei Kreese in his office. I stood there, waiting for a answer.
He let out a long sigh.
"She has been through a lot. She was chubbier when she was young. She was fat her whole life, born 10lbs 6oz. She was bullied a lot. One time, she came home crying with Bruises everywhere. Some people at school beat her up for being chubby. She only had one friend, Robby Keene. Name sound familiar? Well they dated. Robby left her for one of her bullies. And she had no one. She kept getting bullied and beat up everyday. And she had enough. She told me to teach her karate. So I did. She started losing weight, and started to become more confident. She became a badass. Can you really blame her for becoming mean? She was abused by kids her whole life?" Kreese told us.
"How much did she weigh?" Little Bert hesitantly asked.
"She weighed 120lbs at age 13. That's when she started doing karate."
We all had sympathetic looks in our faces. We all though she was just mean in general. We all turned to look at the gorgeous girl in the main room. She was talking with Big Red. She stated laughing at something he said, making my heart jump out of my chest, it's like I was hooked since I first met her. But I was with Moon.
We turned back to Kreese.
"No one deserves that." Miguel spoke up.
We all looked back at the door to see Amelia walking into the office.
"What the hell are we waiting for?" She yelled.
Kreese sat up and put a hand on her shoulder.
"Don't yell at me Amelia Santana Kreese."
She rolled her eyes and smacked his hand away, before walking out. We all followed. But me and Miguel stayed behind.
"Can you tell us more about her?" Miguel asked.
"Just a bit more." He stated. "She doesn't show it in front of others, but she has a soft spot for everyone she loves. She used to have a huge soft spot for Keene. Well, until he broke her heart. She doesn't show it out in public. She seems tough but she is a softie behind closed doors. But don't underestimate her. She is the toughest girl ever. She has been in so many fights, she has been beat up many times, she had an arm broken by a bully, she had it all. She will break you in two seconds. But she is nice to her friends, mostly. You guys are her only friends ever, besides Robby. Take care of her. She has a tough shell but she is nice when you really get to know her." Kreese continued.
I nodded. I have been meaning to ask her out, but I am honestly scared. After the words of Kreese, I will ask her out. I want to see what the soft spot is like.