17

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and Hawk still in my arms. I looked at the digital clock. 5AM?! I basically slept over. I crawled out of Hawks grasp, replacing my body with a pillow. I was about to leave his room, but I decided to leave a note.

Hey pretty boy, sorry for leaving so early. I don't want my grandpa to know I snuck out. I'll see you at the dojo later, remember 2:00 practice today! See you later Hawk. Feel better...
-XOXO Amelia

I walked out as quietly as I can. I didn't want to wake up Hawk or his mom. I crept down the stairs and left, scolding myself for overstaying my welcome.
-
When I arrived back in my apartment, I was met with a stern facial expression in the doorway. My grandpa caught me.
"H-hey grandpa, w-what are you doing awake?" I croaked.
"I told you not to sneak out Amelia." His low voice explained.
"Where did you go?" He added.
"To Aishas." I replied way too quickly. He knew I was lying.
"Where. Did. You. Go?"
"Fine I went to Hawks house!"
And with that, he just walked away. I entered the house, placing my stuff down, and went straight into my room, not wanting to get yelled at. I practically sprinted down the hallway.
"Lie to me again, you'll see what happens!" My grandpa threatened.

HAWK POV
I woke up to me not holding Amelia. I was holding a pillow. On my nightstand there was a post it note. Probably from Amelia. I picked it up, and sat up from the warmth of my bed. I read it carefully. My cheeks felt hot when I read what she called me. Pretty boy.
I felt a smile appear on my face. I folded the paper and put it behind a picture frame. A picture of me and Demetri at science camp. I sighed, remembering the day we won the medal for best science project. We made a erupting volcano. I snapped out of my memories, and placed the note behind the frame. I took one last look at the picture, remembering when me and Demetri were on good terms, before exiting my room.

AMELIA POV
I was currently waiting for practice. My grandpa lost his job because Sensei Lawrence kicked him out. But he still insisted on me training with the cobras. I said no, but I was going to train myself in the back room by myself. My grandpa has decided to go see a friend, Terry Silver. He has nothing better to do, so he left, just a couple of seconds ago. Now I was home alone, waiting for 2PM. I'll just take a nap here. I laid down in my cozy bed and fell asleep.
-
I woke up and looked at the clock. 1:50?! I jumped out of bed and put in some clothes. I ran outside and grabbed my skateboard, before driving off to the dojo.
-
I arrived at 1:59 and ran to the dojo, out of breath. I was about to open the door, when my phone went off. It was grandpa Kreese.

KREESE
Call your grandma, wish her a happy birthday
AMELIA
But you divorced her years ago, why do u have to keep wishing her happy birthday?
KREESE
Just do it Amelia.
AMELIA
But I don't feel like speaking Italian
KREESE
Stop arguing.

I hated calling my grandma, she only knows fluent Italian. Me and my grandpa learned the language, so we can communicate with her. I'm going to have to speak Italian in front of my friends.
I walked in, and all eyes went to me. I scolded all of them and took out my phone, dialing my grandmas number.
One ring, two rings,
"Ciao Tesoro!" (Hi there darling!) my grandma yelled.
"Buon compleanno nonna." (Happy birthday grandma) I said in an annoyed and quiet tone. Everyone in the dojo looked at me confused. I tried to keep my voice down a bit.
"Oh mi Manchi così tanto!" (Oh I miss you so much!) she continued. I let out a low chuckle.
"Mi manchi di più." (Miss you more.) I glared at everyone in the room. "Ascolta nonna Devo andare." (Listen grandma I got to go) I told her.
"Ciao Tesoro!" (Bye darling!)
And with that she hung up. I sighed, feeling quite bad I didn't have a chance to talk to her. I placed my phone in my bag and went straight to the back room, not looking at anyone. Everyone's eyes followed me.
And before they knew it, the lesson started. I walked in the back room and stretched. I stretched my legs out and put my headphones in my ears. After I was finished I decided to do something.
Learn the crane kick.
I never learned it. Sensei Kreese never taught me it.
I lifted my arms up and my left leg up. I got the mind set, and kicked with all my might, but fell on my ankle. I hissed in pain. I got up again, slightly wincing off I put pressure on my ankle. I lifted my leg up again.
KICK!
I landed on the same ankle. I yelled in pain, hoping someone wouldn't come and help. That would just make me seem weak. I got up, and tried again.
-
15 minutes into trying, I finally did it. I continued the exercise, one leg up and kick, one leg up and kick. The door opened, revealing Hawk. He walked up to me and towered over me. I was 5'3, very short, I'm aware.
"Let me take you on a date." His husky voice said in my ear. A shiver traveled down my back. I blushed a bit.
"I'd like that Eli." I said with a hint of seduction in my voice. "Aren't you supposed to be in class?"
My hand traced his chest, slowly tugging on his gi, making it looser with each tug. He smirked.
"I snuck out here just for you princess. But i have to get back to class. Maybe you can teach me some of that Italian after." He smirked. "5 o' clock, Next Monday, i'm picking you up!" He yelled to me, before walking out of the room. I smiled to myself, excited for this date with Hawk.