Chapter Four

* * *

"Is this a puppy party and I'm not invited?!" Jack called out, and Sage yowled off to her Delta male. And sweet goddess, she missed her friend just as much as he missed her.

Always invited, can you put on garden hose?

Jack smirked and nodded, taking it from the Luna's garden and putting it closer to the pup's. They remembered his scent from yesterday, sure. But Rue took the careful steps to the Delta and sniffed his offered hand and wrist—And of course, that brought her brother over, who separated the two and protected his sister.

"Someone a little protective pooch, huh?" His tease earned him a bark, and then a whole channel of them both until the sprinkler turned on. And Sage padded both her paws down to the ground, which instantly caught the pup's attention.

The twins wanted to play with mama, and that is how the day went straight up until lunch.

Others came over, though they hardly wasted a moment before shifting and joining the water party. Better yet, the smell of grilled meats surely caught the twin's attention as they sat on their hind legs and watched in the full interest of the smell.

Luke didn't give in as they weren't allowed to eat any meat yet, even if it did smell this great. Sage had had enough of the water and fur, and was caught in a dress underneath the umbrella on the porch...Just enjoying the fact that she was no longer pregnant and was free of the weight in her stomach.

As she was relaxing with an ice tea nearby, a small whine had whisked its way into her thoughts. She turned to the side to see Rue standing there with a towel over her back. Someone had tried to dry her off, and so it was mama's turn to do it.

So she picked up the little bundle and laid her down in the familiar spot in between her breasts. Rubbing her through the towel and managing well enough, and within minutes. Rue was snoring away.

"I think Sage is never going to stop glowing...goddess. I hope I look that good after three weeks." Elenor whispered, and Julia groaned in agreement. Their Luna snapped back close to instantly. Sage was never the one to understand the whole ordeal about being 'pretty' or 'beautiful,' she was naturally both.

The only time Remus had to deal with something like that, was just a few weeks ago when Sage was getting fed up with her pregnant stomach.

Remus and his wolf did a headcount every chance he could, and while the Elwoods were taking their turn with Ronan, it caused the Alpha to panic—Where's Rue?

"Careful Daddyo, she's curled up with mama over there." Eli teased, nicking his head over to the porch's table. "I don't know how long I can handle this."
"Which part?" The Beta asked, actually in wonder at how the transition is from almost parent to parent.

"I want them all next to me twenty-four-seven, and I know Sage fought sneaking into the pup's room this morning."
"Guess those hourly cries are a blessing." Remus turned off towards his friend and shook his head.
"Nah, they were exhausted last night. They didn't wake up until six, but I need to start getting back to that anyway." The second of silence caused Remus to drag his hands down his face.

"You said soon, relax...Hayes is handling it."
"Trying to. Not believing that Sage is—was pregnant?"
"Remus...Enjoy now, worry later." Eli earned himself a growl, but the male simply shrugged.

The next few days felt rolled into one, but it was a beautiful making. To see the young pups build their personalities and gain stability in both fur and skin.

But for Remus, seeing Sage being a mom always brought him to his knees. When there was no one around, she didn't bother with a privacy blanket.
The pureness of witnessing such a bonding experience just made him melt.