Chapter Twenty-Six

* * *

Jackson had been stop on account of three times to stop the Alpha's rampage, and while he did put the decent reasoning of losing potential evidence, Enzo kept him contained.

But it hurt, the tension was something all the wolves felt and Rebekah was sure Sage could pick up on this as well. Even if they were far away.

The satellite phone ended up being useless, so instead, she tried to due with the situation at hand and attempt to sort through the symbols on the wall.

While the bodies could be either wolf, witch, or human. The ceremony was universal.

Nor did Rebekah want to add to the stress of the Alpha, and instead sat outside on the side steps trying to decipher the many vague symbols.

It was easier to figure out the ruins, but it wasn't a full word. Not one that she knew at least, but she moved on to the Alchemy symbols. Only pushing the notion that there were witches among the prisoners in this mountain and tunnel.

The symbols were all negative—

Death.

Life.

Silver.

Water.

Crucible.

Aether.

Triple Goddess

Spirits.

Creation.

To purify.

They didn't make any sense, and a Triquetra meant a multitude of things dependent on the expression. Which only made her cave in on the idea that this was a younger and inexperienced witch.

These Alchemy symbols could never form a sentence or formula, and sure they offered the same concept, but in the end, Rebekah had dropped her notebook and pen down onto the floor in a fit of anger.

Pulling up her knees did she continue to look over the mountain, praying on her own blessing and for her muse to boost her energy.

"Love?" She responded by squeezing her eyes further shut and hoping that her silence would let him know she wasn't in the mood to talk. However, he proceeded to kneel down beside her and offer a small granola bar.

"You didn't eat much this morning—"
"I'm fine. I'm mediating Enz, leave me be." The vampire sighed and shook his head, joining her on the step with a chuckle.

"Yeah? Even I know you won't get far with the silver in this mountain...Or with what we just uncovered."
"Well, if you know so damn much why don't you tell me what the hell this could mean!" She said, shoving the book into his hands.

He looked at her with parted lips, the soulless male wasn't used to his mate being so brutally aggravated, especially towards him. So he tucked the book under his arm and pulled her closer into his embrace. "Shh...It's alright my sweet. Relax. Take a moment to steady that beating heart of yours. I don't like it when it's pounding." She settled in his hold without much struggle and so he wrapped his arms further around her figure, hoping that the familiar coolness of his hands would offer the help she needed.

"You're so precious to me, my love. Don't think this has to be solved today. We're staying the night, and you'll be warm enough that there's no excuse to sleep with the wolves." A small smile appeared on her face, causing him to grin as well. "Oh, my excuse? Listen here—"
"Relax. I'm yours tonight." He claimed with a kiss to her temple before reaching for her notebook, careful not to look at any private projects.