Chapter Twenty-Four

* * *

Please make sure you've read the previous chapter from Friday

***

Randal Moon had been given many names over the years he inflicted war over the Americans, but for some reason the one that plagued Remus' mind caused him to shiver.

They called him Fenrir, regarding him as the same beast that inflicted Ragnarok over the Asgardian race to start anew. And goddess it had been the perfect reflection of his father and his actions.

So realistically, Remus didn't think anything could surprise him in the realm with his father. Granted, he's learned much more this past year than he has over the timespan of the twelve-year break, or the council's reign as most were calling it.

The way they traveled was that Enzo would take the lead with Rebekah in front and wait a small bit for the others to catch up. Sprinting at full speed would only tire out the party, however, in seeing the two standing idly by in the center of the roundabout of this particular peek, it caused him to tilt his head.

"We're not getting any signal on the phone, it must be blocking it." The witch hissed, which caused her familiar to flutter off towards a still Enzo. Who was still as could be just staring off towards the shield trying to see through the cracks.

"Is there any way through the shield?"
"Of course, I'm just worried about what might be behind the shield—It could very well be a booby trap just waiting to spring." Remus inhaled heavily at the prospect of danger. Looking to his pack members, they all looked prepared to take on whatever it is behind the shield.

"Can you bring it down?" He questions, earning himself a smirk just as it rung through her ears.

"Love, you aren't strong enough to—"
"I'm only taking part of it down, Enzo, the whole thing is far too wide to handle myself. I know what I'm doing." She bites back, and the male was left to dig through the bag, taking the handful of necklaces and passing them around while he settles one around her neck.

Only adding to the layers she had on.

"Are we ready?" She offers, and the Remus naturally agrees—He remained in skin while the others shifted back into fur. But that isn't what caught the Alpha's attention, it was strange to see Sage's natural movements come so heavily from a witch's culture.

The Elwoods had just assumed that it was the fighting style she had picked up from the Underground, and it is—But it had a raw twist to it. He only recognized it when Rebekah had displayed a similar technique by planting her feet down into the ground before extending both of her fists out to punch the shield.

A rumble cast out, and she laughed in regards to it. "Enzo, remind me to give Silver Branch a call when this is all over. Lousy, no good, two face—"
"Concentrate Rebekah, bring down the wall then rant." The Vampire said shutting his mate up to continue the task.

And that she did, though it took a small chant of the same phrase over and over again. "Aperi Apud Me Voca...Aperi Apud Me Voca." Remus couldn't identify from the small amount of Latin he had overheard Sage starting to grasp, but this was harder to maintain as the veins on the witch's arms had blackened.

"If it's too much for her then we can—"
"It's too late to stop, I was right. Whatever's behind here is set blow if I stop now." The unsteady movement of the wolves caused Rebekah to lose concentration at the distraction and Remus caught on well enough. Settling them all with a growl.

However, it had finally been accomplished after a few agonizing minutes, the small place where the witch had planted her fists had been the setting points of where the structor had shattered down like glass.