Chapter Fifteen

* * *

"So Arctic Crest is coming before noon and—Goddess, can you listen for two minutes?" Eli growled, and Jack pouted as he held Rue tighter to his chest.

"Hey! You have a bun in the oven and I'm still holding out on Sage's 'soon', so let me enjoy the company of this precious pup and you take your grumpy ass somewhere—"
"JACKSON!" Eli grinned, especially when Sage came into the living room ready to slap sense into some males. She had no tolerance when they were swearing in front of her pup.

"Swearing means no puppy play."
"But Sagey, look! Rue loves me!" He said, and the lil pup nuzzled further into the Delta's chest and sighed in content.

However the second Blake came into view, Rue Emery Moon had completely disregarded who was holding her and started grabbing the air in the direction of where the male was.

"Absolute traitor, you're lucky you're so cute," Jackson said, standing up and handing Blake the pup—Who hardly noticed as he was reading over a report.

"Hey sweetheart, how was your day?" He cooed, and Rue had no issue babbling away with her favorite sounds as though she was speaking along. And Sage watched in pure awe, or tried to until the oven's timer went off.

Jules was doing a sort of Grey Hallow diet and mediation to ensure a pup this heat, and that meant Eli was not allowed at the house until dusk.

As it'd disrupt the process.

Remus, on the other hand, had just come back from a play session with Ronan—The boy was energetic as ever, and it was the only way to be tired out. While Rue simply needed a bottle and a bit of cuddle before feeling sleepy.

Ronan was a workout and needed activities.

"I think this pup is half an hour until naptime." The Alpha shared, and Sage came over to snuggle the future Alpha before turning to Rue. "Blake's good in putting them to bed." She said before taking the boy into the kitchen with her—Though Remus backtracked.

"Alright, what's got you all smiley?" He questioned and she just shot him another smile to confirm his suspicion. Sage knew something.

"Julia's is pregnant, isn't she?" Sage turned around to look to see who was listening, but the rest of the house was preoccupied with Rue's giggles. Thus Sage nodded quickly.

I don't know witches can have pups.

"Uh, excuse me?" Remus questioned, wanting to get past Sage's cryptic nature. But then again, he hardly ever thought about the idea that two species could be compatible.

"Is Raven pregnant?" Sage perked her lips and then found herself shrugging.
"Do witches get heat?"
"No hun, that's just wolves."
"So witches don't wait for heat to be getting pups, I think Blake will be a nice papa." She mumbled whimsfully, it seemed like Sage had been on an extra level of spiritual as of late.

And while Remus didn't understand, Raven had the theory that Sage didn't go a day without visiting the Nymphs—She would have to ask the Luna, but in the middle of caring for pups it was difficult to get a proper word in.

"Am I a nice papa?" He beckoned, and Sage's smile hardly lowered as she squealed.
"You're a cute papa, I like when you hold both pups and cuddle...I miss seeing that." Remus hated that his question lead to her remembering when he was out of commission.

A month.
He lost a whole month, and while he was awake for a full weak now—He was still in recovery. The witches were still trying to decipher what type of bullet was used in the pistol, Raven had been the middle man in their conversation with her coven.