Chapter Twenty-Nine

* * *

Sage's excitement rang higher than anything, especially when Jade called for other reasons than just war details. While she was already an aunt to Hardin, the idea of having another niece or nephew rang through her head and she couldn't wait.

Her father had left just yesterday to fly to White Paw with a boatload of presents from Sage, all of which were not only fun supplies but what she thought a new mama would need.

And it wasn't her first gift she's packed, not when she had a pregnant Beta female and her Charge's mate were both expecting pups.

However, her excitement rang for another reason, Remus had a small date planned for tonight—But they had to get through today. Which was already tiring and vexing. Including heavy training on figuring out her element that still proved to come out as tempts for another day.

She hadn't been a witch for very long, and these were claimed for 'in time' growth, making her become discouraged. The movement of plant life would always give her a thrill, especially when she tried to figure out ways to make it defensive.

Luke's laugh certainly told her it had worked, as the vines had gripped onto Blake's ankle just as she intended it to. "Hey! That's not fair Sagey..." He said in a slight beg and pout, so she dropped to sit on the ground and smiled as she waited to be attacked by her pinned opponent.

"I didn't sign up to fight sassy Sage. Man, what the hell?" The female grinned and Luke huffed. "Sage, no magic in the ring."
"I thought you said 'all bets are off,'" She said whilst rising back to her feet and summoning back the vines—Only for Blake to fall down to his feet and really be at the will of nature as they started to creep up all around him.

"You're sadistic, Sage. Or you're watching too much tv," Blake said getting out of the general range the magical plants held, which ended up being beside Luke away from the circle. While Sage found herself petting them as though they were her personal house pet, all before they were dismissed and vanished from their line of sight.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" Blake teased, and Luke narrowed his brows. "Are you throwing a party without me Sagey?" She shook her head and threw her best smile.

"Remmy plan a date, no pups. Just me and Remmy." While Blake wiggled his brow Luke shook his head and sighed. "Alright, we have to work on this list of what not to openly talk about hun."

"But picnic date." She claimed and Blake just continued to taunt her adopted brother further, only to be silenced by the master of arms with a growl.

"That's nice hun, but you need to control that face you're making."
"But I'm happy." She deem, though that didn't stop her from trying to get what he was trying to say.

"How about trying not look like you're ready to get fucked by the Alpha," Blake said, earning himself a gawk from the Luna and an enraged brother.
"Change of plans, all bets are of Sagey." Luke's temptation went through and close to instantly had the thick green hemps started to claw Blake to the ground.

"Hey! Sage wait—Oh come on!" The male groaned trying to dodge and swipe back at the vines. Which prompted Luke to have his own laugh, all in an attempt to forget the blunt phrase that Blake had used.

"He's funny."
"A bad influence is more like it...You know Ellie and I would love to babysit the pups if you need someone."
"Jules is getting big, maybe she wants help? Eli acts scared when a pup's crying. You're really good with pups." Luke's wolf was pacing back and forth, they were his family after.

Considering she and Elenor are cousins.

"Okay, only because Rue's teething...I just link Jules she said she'd like help too. But don't tell Eli." The male nodded, though he knew firsthand that once the Beta lays eyes on his firstborn pup, everything in the world would change.