Chapter Twenty-Eight

* * *

Even though Remus had arrived home late and hardly got the same amount of sleep as his mate, he showered her in kisses that prompted the pups to want to do the same.

That's how Sage woke up that morning with a smile on her face to see her three favorite wolves crowding around her. "Goodmorning." She sang, and once the pups realized that their mama was awake they stopped their little attack and started yapping—Causing her to quickly sit up and cuddle them in an attempt to shush.

Yet an impatient huff caused Sage to turn to her male and kiss his snoot. "Thank you for the licks, birdie says witches heal different and now that witch blood is alive in me I'm going to heal different."

I guess that's the bad side of having so much power hun, but at least now we know your menstrual cycle is normal.

"I can feel you again...That was weird Remmy, I can't feel you and my wolf was worried." He shifted outright and it earned him an applause from his pups. "Just your wolf?"
"Me too, and the pups. I think they wait for you to come home, they wait at the window and look at the door." His heart swooned over the idea that they missed him, and thus he cradled his younger in his arms so that Sage could get the proper chance to get up—However, in seeing her getting up, he caught another bruise and essentially where the bite had been on her arm.

"Sage—"
"I'm good, birdie gave me witch tonic and I have wolfsbane, I won't get sick, just really tired." He nodded, realizing that as a hybrid she had to be a part of both worlds and both customs in the event that something happened now.

"I might need the recipe for that tonic hun."
"You can't make potions, Remmy. Only witches can make potions. But birdie gave me books to study, and Raven is learning too." He frowned, realizing his help would only go so far.

"Why can only witches make potions?" Sage leaned up to him and gave him a kiss, whispering the one word that made him smile once again. "Magic."

Remus refused to let Sage carry either pup downstairs and she huffed the entire way down only to be introduced to the smell of bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

The hunger of the Luna sparked instantly as she peeked over Blake's shoulder. "Did you sleep better—Alpha! I thought I heard some noise last night." He said with a grin, and while Remus was going to reprimand him for making a joke on the Alpha's activities.

Sage beat him to it, making the light fixture above start to flicker at will. "Alright alright! Forget I said anything, goddess, I swear. My hair is already thinning at the idea that the pup's going to be a daughter!" Sage's nose twitched for a moment as she looked down, speaking of a daughter—It seemed like someone had a smelly diaper.

"I be right back." She called out to Remus and he frowned in seeing her and Rue heading back upstairs. "Hey hey, I can do that." He offered, and sure enough, it earned him an eye roll.

"Remmy you need to eat real food, go eat. Five minutes and I come back downstairs and we can talk about mountain." The female hadn't waited to see his reaction as she hurried to go and change the lil pup's diaper, but he felt awful in putting the responsibility on her to care for the pups.

So he settled in getting his heir ready for breakfast instead, popping out a little bit of fruity mush that he could only identify as banana and apple sauce. He had been hypnotized by the spoon that Remus was entirely invested with the task that he completely missed out on how Sage was staring at the interaction with a pure smile on her face.

"I already have baby fever, can you two quit it!" Elenor called out, and that startled both mother and daughter as she turned to greet her friend.

"Lots of people coming, we eat outside?" Sage questioned and in truth, it's better that the pups ate now so they can play in the grass. It was much easier than trying to conduct a meeting with two babbling pups throwing their food at each other.