Chapter Seven

* * *

 Sage was still battling the pup cold, which meant that Remus spent the night in the art room—Shifted and at the end of her bed curled up by her side.

The A.C was blasting and ever so often she would wake up to either take off her blanket or snuggle back under it, making Remus stay put in not wanting to be shoved off the bed for being too warm for her.

Hayes had still not returned back from his run, and while it worried Remus, the scouts claimed that they were keeping an eye on his movement.

The last thing anyone wanted was for him to go rogue.

It was nearing morning when Sage had started to develop a cough, and Remus didn't hesitate to shift back into skin and start to give her some water.

"Thanks." She said, her voice raspy as ever.
"How're you feeling?"
"Head hurts a lot...Maybe I sit downstairs?" He nodded, understanding that she had enough of sitting in bed all this time, so he picked her up and settled her onto the couch comfortably.

The tv was on lightly in the background, but Sage couldn't focus on it all that well. Not when she could feel her dad's pain, or her pup's sickness.

A newly made mother Luna was susceptible to more than just the normal emotions.

Remus didn't bother getting dressed fully and instead hurried to make his mate a tea and some fruit, right alongside a cold glass of water with ice. She didn't ask for any of it, but the thankful smile surely spoke that it was indeed what she was craving.

"Have to keep your energy up Sage, Rue's too." She hummed into her tea, almost signing in relief that Remus chose one of the witch's brews to combatted the stress and fight off colds.

"I didn't think you could still get a pup cold hun, I should've—"
"I don't know too, it's okay...And mama's need to heal pups." Remus nodded right beside her, but then she poked his bare chest.

"But I'm not just mama, that's what you forgot."
"I didn't want you to worry." She huffed in response and shrugged her shoulders.

"Now I'm sick and worried—Double worried because I made a big mess." He leaned in, his arm coming to wrap around her shoulder, pulling out all the stops in the attempt to get her to see reason and ultimately, turn calm.

His nose seemingly traced the likes of her burning cheeks, he ended it with a small kiss to her cheek. The mere action caused Sage's eyes to flutter lightly, she couldn't understand why it always brought her comfort.

But goddess, it did.

The pups woke up within the hour, which meant it was Remus' turn to try and get them ready while he kept Sage planted on the couch.

Trying to get them to eat or even dressed was a nightmare and a half, the twins did not want to cooperate. Not until Sage threw in her own firm words in and the pups instantly listened to their mama's words.

"How did you do that?" Remus questioned as he held Ronan, who was scrambling to get a closer view of his mom. So Sage pulled her hand up for a moment and tickled right behind the pup's ear, earning a giggle and calming him enough to settle properly into his father's hold.

"I think they like my smell."
"Shouldn't they like my smell too?" Sage tilted her head and then shrugged, Remus feeling overwhelmed took it as a sign of the pups favoring their mother more.

Which, probably happened in his own case as well. Mom was everything at the early stages. Mom provided the food, gave cuddles, and was around for most of the day.