Chapter Thirty-Two

* * *

Tearing Sage away from the mermaids and pups was harder than Remus first thought, yet Assyria assured them all that Sage's addiction to water would start to wear off once she started to get a handle of her element.

In returning to the packhouse, the Snyders had been already arrested and were awaiting a questioning. However, the rest of the contract between the demon needed to be dealt with beforehand, leaving the entirety of the Crescent Moon council to appear along with Hayes and Blake—Along with the witches and the singled-out Vampire.

All in hopes that there would be some sort of revelation.

"What we need to do is summon the demon who made this deal...Sage? What is Darius saying?" Sage took a moment and bit her lip.
"Darius says after he learn about Snyder poisoning me he go and find him and kill him...But contract keeps him alive a little, so we can summon him." She explained, though her eyes were still looking down at her shadow before beaming to her mate. "Darius is coming." The announcement had hardly given the wolves enough time for them to really understand what that meant.

Especially when the spoken-about demon had popped up in full grade black cloak as he bowed forward to the rest of the group. "I didn't expect it to turn out like this...But it certainly will work out for the better, now then. Where's the sacrifice?" Remus nicked his head off towards the laid-out bones that the witches and Sage had arranged, and the demon stood there in front of the remains silently.

For a few minutes on end.

"Aria...Aria Clark?" The demon had offered, and by the way those born in Crescent Moon had looked off towards Remus, suggested that it was a familiar name.
Yet the tug Sage had given her mate's shirt hadn't gained her his attention. "Remmy?"

The male had his eyes closed in an attempt to swallow what happened as to why his father would pick this specific she-wolf. And without the context, Sage was left to wonder who it was.

Patients little wolf, he'll tell you when he's ready.

We don't have time for patients.

"I can certainly summon up the remains the demon has on this, it's written in blood you see. That is and will always be set in stone even after a demon dies, especially with a blood sacrifice in play. However, I will point out that the Snyders are much more...Evil than I anticipated. Shall we get started?" Darius addressed the room with the parchment and locket in hand, the duo would prove to be an easier set to mandate than just the packet itself. Better yet, the bones of Aria Clark were still intact.

Making his job easier, however, Sage simply wrapped her arms around his to hug and nodded for her shadow to continue. The process had started off in Latin, and Sage did her best to follow along. Yet the buzz and humming undermined her thoughts as it started, caused her to shake.

Her shadow using up energy would be a direct line to the Luna herself.

Which was why Darius needed to be careful.

In the instant of his chanting coming to a closed, another figure from the depths of hell had brought a man in chains and ripped shirts.

"What can I help you with, my lord?" The fellow said in an essence of displaying power, and Darius certainly smirked off to his shadow and the rest of the audience. "Tell me what you know about Randal Moon." The panic in the demon's eye was telling, especially by the clacking of his shackles.

"Even your position cannot order me to discuss clients—"
"Then perhaps you need to speak to my father again?... And if you won't discuss it with me, you most certainly can talk to Randal's son about it." The strange male had scoped the room until his eyes landed on both Sage and Remus.