4. Hot girl bummer- by black bear

I walk into the Gryffindor common room, thankfully there isn't many people here since they're all out with friends, at dinner or something.

I snoop around the common room, checking different book nooks as I wait for one of the Marauders to come downstairs. As I do I see small area separate from the rest of the room by bookshelves, and of course Remus was siting in a old arm chair reading.

"Hey," I whisper. "Whatcha reading?"

"It's actually really good, it's a muggle book about a hobbit who finds his uncles ring that is magical and kept him young but people are after him and-" he stops himself. "Sorry, I don't mean to bore you."

"No, you could never bore me, it's just that I've already read the Lord of the rings and the hobbit before, so we must have similar taste." I smiled.

"Oh." He sinks his nose into his book to hide him blushing.

"I got you the stuff." I walk over to him a placed the small jar in his hand.

"Thanks." He half smiled to be polite.

I quickly changed the topic before it got to awkward.

"I got on the quidditch team."

"Wow that's awesome." He smiled putting his book down.

"Yep, team 2 Gryffindor seeker." I pressed my lips together awkwardly before spinning on my heels and walking out.

***

"Hey my beautiful mudblood." Barty Jr smiled as if he was complementing me.

"What do you want?" I sighed as I walked over to him.

"To go on a date, with you." He smirked.

"Your joking right." I laughed.

"No." He cackled then licked the side of his mouth. "I've been flirting with you for almost a month-"

"Flirting," I laugh in disbelief. "Sorry but I didn't think you calling me slurs was your idea of a pet name."

"why is it so hard for you to believe I want to date you."

"What I find hard to believe is that You think I'd want to date you, I mean you have the personality of a snake, an emotional rage of a dementor and you act like a lizard." I said with a little to much disgust in my words.

"You little b-"

"You little what?" James had walked up behind him,
James sounded as if he was teasing him.

"Maeve!, darling, There you are." He wrapped his arm over my shoulders. "What are you doing with this scum?" He looked Barty up and down.

"Nothing. Let's go." I smiled as we walked passed him.

"Thanks for that." I look up at him.

"Anytime darling." He smirked jokingly.

***

That night I couldn't sleep, so like the genius I am I decided to go for a walk to the library only to see the one and only regulus black.

"We really need to stop running into each other like this, darling." He smirked, finding humour in himself for copying James.

I rolled my eyes.
"Why? There's no thrill in my life without hot Slytherin boys that hate me." I sighed sarcastically.

"Did you just call me hot?" He scoffed, caught off guard.

"Yeah, it's not like it's a secret." I laugh quietly, sitting down in arm chair across from him.

He nodded still a little shocked.

"Wait a minute, are you blushing!" I laughed. "I didn't think that the scary, evil, regulus black could be capable of that." I continued to laugh.

"Shut up mudblood." He snapped at me, jumping from his seat to tower over me.
"I came here to tell you about Barty, you hurt him and he is with me, so I'm going to hurt you." He's good at threatening people, if I didn't see him blush just a second ago, I would most definitely be scared.

"Well tell Barty needs to learn that if he wants a woman he can't go around teasing her or calling her slurs." I stood up from up seat so regulus' towering effect fade and our faces only inches apart.
"He needs to be a man, a real man if he wants a woman." I walked passed him and left the room for the kitchens, food won't disappoint me.

Regulus's POV

Maeve stormed out of the room.

That was hot- I mean she's a bitch. who flirted with me and called me hot.
-regulus she's a mudblood get a hold of yourself.

No one ever complemented me before, not like that, I feel bad for treating her like that, she was nice, but I had too, even if I wanted a friend.

I headed off to my dorm as saw Barty crying into his pillow with Evan Rosier trying to comfort him (he was doing a shit job) Mulciber was somehow asleep, Severus was still in the common room.

"I saw Maeve." Why did I say that, I'm a fucking idiot.

"Y-you did." Barty sniffed.

"yyyyeah, I did." I lent on the wall awkwardly.

"What did she say about me?" He wiped his tears of his red puffy face and looked up at me with such hope in his eyes that I felt guilty.

"She said for me to tell you, these are her exacting words by the way,
'tell Barty needs to learn that if he wants a woman he can't go around teasing her or calling her slurs." I felt bad, I didn't often but he was clearly hurt.

"That's good r-right if I'm better to her maybe she'll want me." Barty's voice wobbled, looking at everyone in the room waiting for someone to agree.

"Barty, mate." Evan rubbed Barty's back. "I don't think you should she's a mud...ggle born, it would be different if you were just banging her, but you can't have real feelings for her."

Evan was right he can't be with her, even if she wanted to be with him.