9. Daddy issues- by the neighbourhood

Lilly POV

Maeve walked into the room sobbing.
"Maeve what happed! Are you okay?" I ran up and hugged her.

"They hate me, I said something bad to Sirius, and he told them." Maeve was barely forming words through her sobs, but some how I understood.
Marlene and dorcas were out somewhere, so it didn't matter if she was loud.

"What did you say? What did he say?"

She bit her lip and shook her head. I cupped her face in my hands

"I don't care what you did but I need you to tell me."
I reassured her.

She took a deep breath.

"Lucius was being a dick so I punched him in the face, regulus took to me to his dorm so people didn't see me," she was talking as fast as lightning "we were laying on his bed, when the boys walked in and Sirius though I was drunk and thought he was going to rape me, then I got mad at him, and told him he was only doing this to prove his brother isn't perfect and that it's not regulus's fault that his parents disowned him, then he told them about me killing my friend, but I had too she was gonna kill my sister.
It was an accident, I didn't mean to say that."

"It's okay." I knew she wasn't a bad person.

Sirius POV

"Why did I say that, I such an idiot." I started pacing around my dorm.

"Sirius calm down, you didn't mean it." Remus grabs my arms to calm me down.

"So, I still said it."

"Are you mad at for what she said."

"No."

"See, she probably more worried about what she said."

"Now tell us what happed to her, so she doesn't have to." James added.

They all sit on the bed, waiting for Sirius to explain.

"Maeve's mother is apart of the Ashford family one of the Sacred 29 families, her family disowned for loving a Muggle and letting him take the Ashford name.
Maeve's parents hated her for no reason and this caused her to only have one friend." I explained.

"That's horrible." Peter sinking into his bed.

"Yeah, but the thing is about her friend..." Sirius paused looking at Remus.
"Her friend, She was a werewolf and nearly killed Maeve's sister.
Maeve had to kill her best friend to save her and her family, Maeve's parents were horrified that she knew that her friend was a werewolf prior to the accident, and sent her to st Edmunds to keep her away from their family."

"I can't believe..." James whispered softly almost like he was scared.

Remus went pale and looked like he was going to be sick.

***

Remus POV

*knock knock*

"Go away" Lilly groaned

"It's Remus." I knocked again, because I'm a prefect I'm able to walk up to the girls dorms.

"I got it."

The door opened to my surprise it was Maeve. She seemed alright.

"Do you wanna go for a walk."

"Mmh" she nodded

We walked out of the portal hole and Roamed around the school, it was the weekend so it didn't matter. We were both dressed in comfy autumn clothes.

"How are you doing." I ask, worried of the answer.

"I'm alright. How's Sirius." She brushed it off

"He feels really bad." I gently grab her hand and move her towards the wall to be out of the walk way."

"He explained everything, none of us think anything bad of you or anything, we're just worried about you both." We stand less than a foot apart against the wall gazing at one another but she pulls her gaze away and we walk in silence for a couple minutes.

"So there's a hogsmeade trip next week would you wanna go... with me." I asked as we started walking.

"Yeah, I would love too." Her face lights up.

"Really, you want to go." I say excited

"Of course your my best friend, why wouldn't I."

"Great I'm back in the friend zone."

"Yeah psssh." I hope that seemed natural.

"I'm just not ready to see Sirius, I'm not mad at him or anything like that it would be so awkward,
I know he's sorry, I've moved on so can you tell to just forget about it." Maeve sighs

"Of course." I wrapped my arm over her shoulders and walked out of the school along the grass.

A/n

Sorry for the short chapter

You and Remus's outfits ☝️