1. Consequences

Third person pov

"Maeve look, I want to believe you but with everything that has happened, I don't know I can trust you." Dumbledore sighed, looking over at three of the four Marauders, waiting for their thoughts.

Maeve couldn't believe it, Dumbledore instructed her to do this, and now he's treating her as if she acted on her own accord.

"Just let me tell you the whole story." She begged, as she resisted against her restraints that tied her to the chair in Dumbledore's office.
"I'm telling the truth you have believe me!"

"We don't have to do anything." Remus replied, he wasn't holding a grudge, he was just being assertive.

"I'm trying to protect all of you please, I'm begging!" Maeve let tears fill her eyes, it had been a while since she had cried.

Dumbledore gave her a nod of approval. Hope filled Maeve's broken heart.

"It all started the night of the lunar ball, after I caught Remus cheating.."

"Maeve, slow down these's shoes are not meant to be dragged through the forbidden forest." Regulus huffed as he kicked his foot about, trying to get a stick out of his shoe.

"You sound like a damsel- or Sirius, either way suck it up. It's still the night of the lunar ball and I'd at least want something nice to make of this night." Maeve teased as she climbed over a log, being careful not to ruin her dress.

"Was our kiss not good enough?" He teased in an offended tone.

"Good but not good enough." She shrugged cheekily, waiting for him to catch up.

"Way to break a guys heart." He pouted with his hand on his heart.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, and he rested his over her waist.
She planted small kiss on his lips as she swayed her hips along to the pattern of their breathing before they were interrupted.

Their heads both twisted to the left and scanned the dark forest trying to find where the ear ringing scream came from.

"That was not a humane noise." Regulus pointed out as he tightened his grip over her.

"No shit." She replied, letting go of their embrace but still holding on to his hand. "What's the time?" She asked moving closer to the place housing the scream.

"Should be 10:00, why?" He asked planting his feet to the ground, cause me to be pulled back.

"It's still a full moon, Remus is out there, a lunar eclipse just makes them turn for less time." She explained as she tugged on his hand gently trying to get her to follow."

"Would he kill us?" His flirty voice cracked into fear.

"Probably." She groaned as if her ex-boyfriend killing her and her guy friend was an inconvenience more than anything, like a test, or extra homework.

Then they heard it again, this time moony wasn't in pain, he was angry, blinded by hunger.

"Run." She gulped.

And just as she instructed they both ran, fear as their fuel.
They could hear the pounding of the werewolf behind them, they were the target, the prey.
To scared to turn around and face the beast, they just ran, further and faster than ever before.
But that wasn't enough, the werewolf was gaining on them. Maeve had gone through this once before she knew there was only one escape, she had to kill moony.
She had to kill the person she was in love with for just under a year or let him kill them.

It was an impossible choice, but she realised she couldn't kill him even if she wanted to. There was no bullets, no gun, no wolfsbane, nothing that could slow him down.

Maeve pov

Then a blinding pain burns through my body, causing my body to go rigid. I felt the blood dripping from the fresh claw marks on my back. My sight begins to blur then turns black.

I'm quickly snapped back to reality by my sisters scream after being faced with horror, whether the horror was the sight of me bleeding to death or the Werecoyote that was about to make us it's next meal, I don't know.

I grabbed my sister pushing her behind me, but still hold on to her, like a backwards hug.
With out thinking I grabbed the gun in my pocket and I fired the gun straight in the werecoyote's chest.

It was instinct to kill her, even through I grew up with her and she was my best friend.
It was instinct to kill her, I guess I'm more like my father than I hoped.

Before I could go to Clara's dead body, a firm boney hand gripped my wrist.

I turned my body to face her and was met with a slap across the face, while my sister was greeted with a hug from my father.

"Evelyn!" My father yelled to my mother "she killed the beast." He said in retaliation to my mother hitting me.

"Maeve was the one who brought the scum here in the first place!" My mother screeched. "The shapeshifter is Clara." She pointed at the body.

Before I could take one last look at my best friend, my father had grabbed my arm and pulled my away, I tried to fight him as I screamed out for her but it was no use.
My sister was practically carried back home even though I was was the one with fatal injuries. I guess I'm just overreacting because she basically couldn't walk, but it still didn't feel fair.

My body hit the cold cement as my father push me to the ground of the basement, after my mother used a healing spell on me.
"The Blacks will be here tomorrow to collect you." He looked the door frame the rested on, not making eye contact.
"You will be their responsibility after that, you will never be welcome in this family again." He said holding his breath, I could see how much it hurt him.

To him I wasn't just his daughter, I was his heir, the next hunter to pass his legacy onto. We knew my sister could never take the up the role with her illness, I was the last hope for the Ashford's, and I failed them.
He was so proud when saw the body, to see that I was a natural killer, it gave him hope.

But my mother quickly snatched that away from him and here I am.
I got attacked by a werecoyote.
killed my best friend.
locked in a basement.
disowned.
alone.

The wold faded away as I shut my eyes, only to be snapped back from the pain of a thousand knives digging deep into the nook of my neck.

"Maeve!"
Regulus screamed in horror. "Impedimenta!"
The werewolf falls back behind me, I scramble to my feet, not caring to look back at the beast.

Blood splatters out of my neck and back all on over my purple dress as I try to apply pressure to the wound.
It didn't help that I was running, all that adrenaline just made my blood move faster, making me lose blood faster.

We make it out of the forest but by then I could barley walk, holding on regulus to steal as much stability as possible, I look up at the moon and again my vision blurs, but this time,
I see red.