11. Loyalty

"Maeve!" Peter called out from down the corridor, runing up to the confused girl.

"Hey Pete." Maeve smiles awkwardly, opening her arms to welcome him into a hug.
"How have you been? It's been ages since I've last seen you."

"Well I'm in a bit of a pickle with the marauders, they got mad at me for being on your side, so... I kind of had to take a break from them." He shrugs, not seeming too worried about him separating from his closest friends.

"Oh, umm, sorry." The girl replies, not sure what to say him, after not talking for practically months he pops up out of nowhere to tell her he wants to be friends again.

"It's all good, I mean I've still got you, right?" He grinned.

"Of course." Maeve gave him a warm look of love, one he missed, that look of their friendship.
"If you wanted, I'm about to meet with my new friend Amara and Evan for tea, you could come along. I remember you had a Crush on him." Maeve chuckled.

"Yeah... I kinda still do." The embarrassed boy rubs the back of his neck, whispering his answer incase someone would hear.

"Well, I happen to know for a fact that he isn't strictly into pussy, so you've definitely got a chance." I tease, grabbing his hand as we walked over the the great hall for our next meal.

"He was talking to Maeve, wasn't he?" Sirius sighed at the stupidity of his lover.

"Yes, yes he was. It was very embarrassing." Remus mumbled back. He had been checking up on Maeve ever since they broke up, and Peter since he took a break from the marauders, obviously the two don't know about these 'check ups' because he's just watching from across a room, or walking past them in the library.
"So are you gonna leave now?" Remus, who was pointing at the door to their dorm.

"Remus." Sirius whispered in a frustrated tone.

"Yes! Okay. I followed them out there.
What do you want me to say? That I'm a stalker, that I'm totally paranoid? huh? Or what? that I still love Maeve? None of this is new information!" Remus ranted, a painful panic in his voice.

"Wow, you never actually said that you still love her before." Sirius let out a humourless laugh, looking down at the floor, trying not to cry.

"Oh come on, she was my first love you can't expect me to get over her that quickly!" Remus, who sounded like a drug addict trying to justify his addiction, protested.

"What so you throw her out when she asks for your help? I don't think that sounds like love to me Remus. Besides, she's snogging my brother and hanging out with the people we're fighting, but I guess with you being to busy dealing with your ex-girlfriend and side piece that you forgot there was a war going on!" Sirius shouted.
Remus could see the frustration pile up in Sirius teary eyes.

"Obviously I didn't forget! We're in the order for Christ sakes, we could be shipped of at any moment." He argued back to Sirius.

"Well you could have fooled me." A whisper left Sirius's mouth, staring into his lovers cold eyes.

"No, you don't get to say that! Im the one who Dumbledore wants to use as a weapon, don't forget that I'm a werewolf, and certainly don't forget that it's what's happened me made me a monster, not being a werewolf." Remus seethed, bashing his fist into the wall, creating a gaping hole as he bites down on the side of his cheek in pain.

Sirius stayed silent, this was the first time he called himself a monster, not the werewolf part of him.
He looked at hand as the crimson painted his knuckles, Sirius let out a guilt filled sigh.

"It's not broken. I'm fine." Remus whispered, pulling away from Sirius as he held his throbbing hand.

When the two locked eyes, a million words were said without a sound leaving there mouths.

"Yeah, I'm going to leave now." Sirius sniffled, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his jacket.
Remus grabbed Sirius' arm before he could walk any closer to the door.

"Your not just some side piece, you're my boyfriend." Remus said warmly, hoping it would reassure him.

"You sure don't act like it." He muttered before walking out of the dorm, leaving the door open for dramatic effect.

"Hey Mae." Amara beamed as Maeve sat down at the Slytherin table with Peter so close to her you could mistake him for a leach.

"Hey Mara, and I'm sure you all know Peter." Maeve gestures her and toward the boy with fluffy blonde hair. "He will eating with us."

"Bringing your friend over to the dark side are we Maeve?" Evan jokes, cutting up his food all posh-looking.

"Maybe." She shrugs a laugh as she passes the potatoes to Peter, knowing he would be to nervous to ask for some.

"What does my shameful brother think of his pet rat spending time with snakes?" Regulus taunts with an evil grin, causing shock to run down peters spine.

"How does he know what I am?" Peter thought to himself.

"Well I'm not caring for much of what any of those three think," he points vaguely at the gryffindor table.

"Oh would you look at that?" Barty laughs.
"Little Peter-creepier is finally stepping out of James' shadow."

"Barty. Play nice." Maeve scolded, making it sound as if Barty was a naughty puppy, which just caused him to roll his eyes.

"Well Slytherins aren't as evil as you think, you can always sit with us Peter." Amara smiles softly at Peter.

Maeve always thought that Amara should have been Ravenclaw, she was very smart and maybe even mysterious.
And she was certainly to kind to be a death eater, but so were most of them.
Maeve knew that they were all just kids living under bad circumstances, despite how some of them acted.

A/n
Hey everyone I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the reads, I really appreciate it so much.
That being said, I will be taking a little break from writing this story because some of the things the characters are/will go through can be triggering for for me.
It's nothing too bad, just Maeve being excluded from all her friends and being alone.
Writing about it is very draining for me so I'll start writing again when I'm doing better mentally, but I will definitely start uploading more consistently after that.
Also, I will still be posting edits on TikTok and writing for my other story.

Word count 50,000