27. Girls- by girl in red

Maeve's Pov
Dorm room
Wednesday, fourth week

"Lily, are you sure you want to go on this date?"
I asked concerned, as she put her dangling tree earrings in, I was probably a bit to straight up with the questions. But I just wanted to know what was going on

"Yeah? He's my boyfriend, why wouldn't I?" She laughed to defuse the anxiety in her tone.

"Lily." I gave her a sympathetic look as I lent against one of the support beams of my bed.

I knew from her reaction I struck a nerve but I can't place it, why was something wrong with Lily and James.

"Thanks for helping me get ready, but I don't want to be late." She grabbed her bag and hurried out.

I place my book bag down beside me as I sit next to Remus.

"What's today's agenda?" I ask playfully as I pile my lunch on my plate.

"Nothing much, just DADA and studying I guess." He shrugged, not taking his eyes off of his book. I think I sighed a little to loud, since Remus noticed my disappointment, he clapped his book shut and planted me a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Sorry." I smiled.

"Stop apologising Maeve, you deserve to have attention." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Anyways." I broke the silence. "I've got a new study class after lunch so I'll have to rain check on this prank-"

"Again, really?" He sighed sympathetically. "I don't think you need to tutor someone, your pretty busy. Besides this is the fourth prank you missed in a row, I think you need a break."
He tucked the hair behind my ear and gave a flirtatious smirk.

"Remus.." I said as he placed small kisses up my neck, towards my lips. "I have a class."

He ignored my protest by slamming his lips onto mine. I melted into it for a few seconds, before I realised I just didn't want to kiss him right now, I pulled away.

"Remus I don't want to do this, especially not with so many people around." I place my and on his chest, waiting for his reaction.

"Yeah, sorry." He held back an eye roll by sighing.

"Is there something wrong? Your not really liking this." He motions his hand between us and kept his other on my waste.

"I'm fine, it just." I hold my breath, not knowing what to say. "-it just doesn't feel right on your part."
Clearly that came out wrong, what was I thinking.

"What am I a bad kisser now?" He let out an unamused laugh.

"No, no, no, your great, it's just you seem to be make a point by kissing me. I mean you're not really the type to try to make out with me in front of a bunch of people." I explained, hopefully I made some sense.

"Maeve, your my girlfriend, I just want to people to know your mine." He smiled softly, playing with my hair.

"That's the problem, I want you to kiss as if it just us-"

"Ok then." He smirks, starting to move his and up my shirt.
I could tell he thought this is what he thought I meant, but was still frustrating.

I pull his hands off of me.

"Remus I just want you to care about me, and that you don't feel like you have to prove it to everyone. I know that whole regulus situation has put us in a bit of a mess but I'm all yours Remus." I smile to hide the frustration hidden underneath.

He just nodded.
He wasn't mad, he seemed to just really be think about what I said.

"Hey, it's Maeve right?"

"Yep." I reply quietly, turning a page in my book.

"Can I sit here." The girl asks awkwardly.

"Actually I'm here for study class and that's where my new partner will sit, if they want." I look up to see her standing there.

I press my lips together and nod waiting for her to say something.

"It's me, I'm your partner."

"Oh sorry, I didn't get a name of who I was tutoring." I moved over, I thought I'd be teaching someone younger than me so it was a bit of a shocker.

"Your Amara hale, right?" I ask to break the awkwardness.

"Yeah, we meant at the party. How is the whole panic thing going now?" She whispered.

"Just a one off thing, I don't have anxiety."

"Well I'm glad your okay." She smiled.

The door clicked shut behind me when I heard sniffles combing for Lily's bed.

"Lily?" I whisper-yelled.

Lily quickly jumped up and wiped her face dry, honestly if it wasn't for her blotchy red face I wouldn't be able to tell she was crying.

I dropped my bag and ran up, pulling her in by her waist for a tight hug. I trailed my hand up her back, and into her hair, brushing my fingers through the roots of her hair.

After a little bit she stared to cry again, I pulled her into my bed and held her close as cried into chest, we were like this for nearly an hour without saying a word to each other.

"Maeve." She pulled herself away so she was laying next to me, she rolled onto side so we were both facing.

"Yeah." I whispered.

"I don't have feelings for James, I don't think I ever really did, I mean I really, really care about him, but not the way I should." Tears ran down her face, she wasn't really crying anymore, her eyes were just storming.

"I swear to Merlin if you say you like Severus.." I tease, trying to cheer her up.

She gave me a small smile, it wasn't necessary happy though. It was one you'd give a child when they put a puzzle together but you won't help because you want them to figure it out, but you know you'll have to help them sooner or later.

"No, it's not that I like Sev." She rubbed the tears off her face slowly so she didn't have to talk straight away.

She looked at me with her doe eyes, waiting for something to click in my brain.

Then out of nowhere, her lips were on mine.