19- juliet- by cavetown

Maeve POV
summer holidays

I had already unpacked everything in my suitcase a few days ago so I could just relax in my spare time.

I managed to put my hair into two braids tied with ribbon bows, just like all the girls had at St Edmunds.
It was time for brekky but because Remus and I were separated, I didn't have any friends to sit with.

Meal times was pretty shitty, breakfast was a slice of buttered bread and porridge, bacon on sundays if we were lucky, lunch was some sort of gross sandwich, usually egg and that cheap lettuce, and for dinner was a mix meat sausage with over boiled green beans and mash potatoes with water mixed in so it would go further.

I was able to get through breakfast without trouble before heading back to my room. Because I didn't live at St Ed's full time, I had my own room. It was about the size of a large broom closet, but I had privacy so it wasn't bad.
I laid back on my bed to read over the letter James sent.

Dear Maeve,
I hope your okay, I know how much you hate it at St idiots or whatever, And you're still invited to my house it your able to come.

Sirius, Peter and I are having a great time practicing quidditch so we can hold our places on the team. We can't really play properly, so it's more for technique.

Don't worry about school stuff mum is going to by it for you and Remus.
we all miss you and can't wait to see you again

P.S Sirius's owl ended up at the blacks house so he can't send letters unless it's through me.

Lots of love,

You're favourite Marauder,

James potter.

Dear James,

I'm doing pretty good at the moment and I'm glad you are too. I'm still not allowed to go see you this holiday sadly and I'm going assume Remus isn't either but thank you again for the offer.

Also I can't believe Peter is playing quidditch. Are you holding him captive or something?

I can't wait to see all of you is well and thank you for getting my school supplies.

Lots of love,

The better Marauder,

Maeve Ashford.

***

"Oi freak, get over here!" Taneill Turner called out with her posse behind her.

"What do you want?" I sassed.

"I heard where you go when your not here." She folded her arms and looked down on me smugly.

"And where is that?" I asked sarcastically.

"You're a witch freak." She spat.

"Your mums a witch freak." I rolled my eyes.

"My mums dead."

"aNd I'm aN eVil wItch wIth nO MoRals." I said in a spooky voice.

"You bitch!" She pulled me by my hair and two of her friends grabbed my arms.

"You know what people to witches?" Her friends pined me against the outside wall. "They burn them."

She pulls out a lighter and starts to burn the palm of my hand.

"Ouch! Tad excessive!" I yelped, trying to pull free of the older girls.

"Witches are the devil, I'm helping you be free." She smirks.

"What is going on here!" The matron yells.

The two girls run away leaving me with Taneill.

The matron grabs my burnt hand.

"Maeve go to the infirmary I'll be with you in a minute."

"Yes ma'am."

I ran my hand under the cold water in the infirmary when a familiar voice groaned.

"What happened to you?"

"Remus!" I laughed happily.

I hugged him gently knowing it was just a full moon and he wouldn't of had magic.

-"I missed you."
-"I missed you."
We both said.

He pulled me in close for a passionate kiss.

"We have gender separation for a reason." The matron yapped. "Maeve give me that hand of yours."

She was able to disinfect my palm and bandage it up neatly.

"Do know that Taneill has been grounded and can only leave her dorm for meal times." The matron sighed.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"I was wondering, I have some school work that needs to be done soon but I need a partner, and we'll, Remus is the only other person here who can help me. So, please may Remus and I meet up with durning the day for it." I pleaded.

"Fine, but only during the day, and no funny business." She sighed.

"Thank you." I looked back at Remus With his lopsided smile, it was mainly caused by his scar. personally, I thought it was cute, but I thought it was best if I don't mention it.

"Well Remus let's go do some 'school work' stuff."

I gently grabbed his hand and we walked to his room He also had his own room but for some reason his was bigger, probably the matrons pity for him.

"Why did you want the dance to be a friends thing, and not go with me?" Remus puzzled as he lays back on his bed.

"I am going with you, it's just, if we go together, James and Lily will too, then Sirius and Peter will be left out and have to get some random date, if they get on at all." I explain.

"Is that what Sirius was upset about?" Remus finally realised.

"Yeah, he didn't want us to leave him behind, or worse push him away completely. I hope you can understand. I sighed

"Yeah, Yeah I do." He shrugged pulling me in for a kiss.

A/n
So this is they only chapter for summer break because there's not much to write about, so remember that three months had passed in the next chapter and that Maeve and Remus have been dating for 5 months.