13- unrequited love- by M.E.3

Maeve POV

I sit down on one of the lime stone slabs, I was a little bit early so I just thought I'd watch the fish while I wait for Barty.

"Hey Maeve!" Barty jogs over with a bit of a skip, I almost felt bad after seeing how happy he was.

"Hello!" I reply, He give me his hand as I stand up.

And we start walking towards the trees close to the womping willow.

"So how are you?" Barty asked still hiding my hand as we walked.

"Well, the school work sucks, but it's been a lot better now that I'm with you." I felt terrible now , I only wanted to prank him, I didn't think about this part.

He did try to give a love potion but he doesn't deserve he heart to be broken. But if I told him now I would ruin the prank and still hurt him.

"I'm glad, I've been doing pretty crappy too but having you here makes it worth it." He sighed.

We sat down under a tree that was surrounded by little, dainty flowers. He had set up a cheese platter with all types of rich people cheese, crackers, biscuits, and ironically berries.

"Wow this looks delicious, thank you." I smiled

Sirius POV

Most people were out doing whatever Slytherins do so it was quite empty. I remembered from one of the Slytherin party's which one was Regulus's dorm.

"Okay, we'll hide the berries in those four beds like Maeve said too." Peter pulled the little bag out of his pocket, I still don't understand why peter was aloud to hold them and I wasn't.

I head over to regulus's bed and snoop through his bed side table and I happen to stubble upon his diary. I stuff it away in my jacket before anyone see's it.

"You can obviously tell there in there." Peter groans.

"Wormtail, just use a Disillusionment Charm, like I showed you a little while ago." Remus reassures him.

Remus was great at teaching and I knew he wanted to be a teacher, but he was always said because he was a werewolf he couldn't, it was a shame.

Maeve POV

We continued to talk for about an hour but I couldn't do it any more, I had to either tell him the truth or leave.

"Barty, I have to go now I promised Lily I would study with her, but I had a great time, I really do mean it." I explained.

"Oh okay, I had a nice time too."

I started walking away before he could say anything else.

I walked as fast as I could to my dorm without looking suspicious. But of course out everyone I could run into regulus walks over blocking my path.

"So how was the date." He sounded more angry than usual.

"shit, does he know?"

"It was nice, it was my first date ever so I'm glade it went well." It was true.

"Well good, just so you know you don't really have feelings for him," he claimed, his body was tense, not quite angry, but surely not sad.
"Barty gave you a love potion." He regretted what he said almost instantly.

"What." I didn't even need to act, I was so lost, why would he tell me.

"I-I thought you s-should know." He started to freak out but his hands on my upper arms to try to comfort me. Me? he wanted to comfort me?

"I should go, don't tell Barty I know because I won't rat you out, and thank you for telling me." I started to walk passed but remembered.
"Regulus, I would recommend that you stay in the common room tonight, well, at least just don't touch your bed."

I brushed passed him confused of the whole ordeal. He seemed just as confused as well.

I saw my friends waiting in the common room for me.

"How'd it go." Remus came up to me.

I felt so guilty about Barty, and so confused about regulus. My throat began to burn and eyes pooled with tears. I couldn't talk I just pulled him in tight and silently cried into his chest.

He didn't say anything he just held me tight.

"Barty, he really cares about me, and I only thought about pranking him I didn't think about how much the date will hurt him." I held back my sobs as I explained to everyone.

"He did give you the love potion." Sirius added, trying to justify what I did.

"He doesn't deserve to be heart broken. He probably lives like you did." I blurted, I realised it wasn't my place.

Sirius leaned back into his chair with a blank expression, he knew I was right. They all did.

"I just want to be alone, can you come get me when it's dinner?" I sighed.

Lily nodded with her motherly smile.

I walked upstairs and plonked onto my bed after getting changed into something more comfortable but I could still wear to dinner.

I wasn't crying, I hated crying, I was just calm, like I entered the eye of the storm.

I guess I wasn't really sad, just guilty.
I felt bad for him, not for me.

Regulus POV

"How did it go!" Evan cheered. As Barty entered the common room.

"It was great, we just talked the whole time but it so peaceful." Barty danced.

I understand why he gave Maeve the potion, he surely won't score a girl, I mean he's pretty good looking, but that doesn't out way the bad... His money might though.

"It's about time." Snape punched him in the arm playfully. He didn't really care about Barty if anything he was angry at him for that fact Maeve was one of the Marauders, I guess there was no point to start drama.

"When will it wear off?" I asked, mainly to remind him it's not real.

"Soon, but I'll give her another dose tomorrow." He pressed his lips together.

"I've got to go study, so I'll be at the library if you need me." I walked off awkwardly.

I wasn't lying I had HOM (history of magic) exam due tomorrow, I never really studied for my assessments and stuff I was just naturally gifted and I don't mean to sound full of myself. With muggle studies it just never made sense, probably because I'm in a family full of blood supremacists.