17. Recipe for disaster

Remus's pov

"All things have a way to survive.
Whether that be by running, hiding or fighting depends on the thing in question." The Dumbledore spoke.
"It is up to us to decide whether we run from this war or we fight it and you, my students, have decided to fight.
Words cannot describe the pride I feel in this moment."

I stood tall in the hidden room, holding of to Sirius's hand—well, he was holding mine— we were the order of the Phoenix, the brightest and strongest witches and wizards of our age.

"You may be soldiers, but fighting isn't our only tactic in this war, for the even the dragon knows it must wait before it strikes.
So you must remember that you are not the only ones fighting this war, you are just one team—my strongest—but still just a team.
That means that not everything is as it seems, so look deeper that just the surface of your enemy, because not everyone is as they seem." Dumbledore walked through the group of teens that circled around him, finding the exit in seconds as we followed, ready to head back to our dorms.

"What is it with Dumbledore and riddles? Like can't he just give us a straight answer for once?" James sighed as he flopped back onto his bed.

"must be an old person thing, he's like a hundred years old." Sirius shrugged, hoping around on one foot to regain balance as he tried to pull of his shoes.

"Where's wormtail?" I asked, staring down the empty hallway as I peeked out the door.

"Must be hanging out with Evan." James replied, staring up at the ceiling.

"And why would he be 'hanging out' with the enemy?" Remus spat, not realising how disgusted he let himself sound.

"Weren't you listening? Peter and Evan are a thing now. Maeve introduced them, he's actually really happy with him." He continued to explain, only this time he sat up, looking disappointed.

Disappointed in me,
And I couldn't blame him.

"I should've paid more attention." I admitted under my breath as shut the door quietly but they would have still heard me.

I could tell James want to scold me for how I've been acting.
Say "no shit you should be paying more attention" or "you only realised that now?"
But he swallowed his words.

Probably because he knew I was trying to be better, with Sirius I mean, our arguments have stoped and for the most part we're a normal couple now.

"Peter should be back later, since it's Friday we could all go out tonight. Sneak into a pub or something." Sirius suggested, trying to pat down his shoulder-length, dark hair that flailed around in all different directions while he was on a mission to remove his shoes.

"That sounds great."

Maeve's POV

"So you're telling me your sister is Jane Ashford?" Barty said, shocked by the information that Jane was on school grounds.

"Was my surname not enough of a give away." I laughed awkwardly, sinking further into one of the leather seats in the Slytherin common room.

We were sitting in one of the move private parts, it was almost like another small room, minus the fourth wall.

"What shocked me the most was that she could walk now, like she was never sick.
Also she had this massive scar, claw marks on the lower side of one half of her face." Regulus continued, looking over at me every few seconds to make sure I was okay, even though he was already sitting next to me.

I looked to the other side of the small room to see Amara, who looked like she'd seen a ghost, moulding her hands into one tight fist staring at them.
I was more than worried about her, I could tell regulus felt the same way from what he said next.
"Let's take a break from all this, get drunk or something, I can tell we all need it."

"I'm down, as long as it's somewhere of quality." Evan shrugged, sitting with his legs crossed over the arm rest of his chair so he can use them as a vertical table for his homework.

Evan, Amara, regulus, Barty, and I were going out, what could possibly go wrong.

A/n
Sorry for the short chapter, I've just been focusing on my other story at the moment so I've been a bit too tired to do this one, but I'll start updating more soon.