chapter 7: an almost ordinary day

"Love!  Wakey wakey!" Reema playfully poked Lusty's chest with her fingers. 

It's been months since Lusty found her at the meadow, the trust that Reema had for Lusty turned out to be something bigger, something just as important as trust but sweeter. 

"Isn't it a bit too early?  The sun hasn't completely rised yet" Lusty murmured squeezing his eyes. 

"It is early, but it's just the right amount of early to start the day" Reema cheerfully said and pulled the curtains open, amounts of light crashed down the hut's interior like a massive wave. 

Lusty smiled and slid off the bed. He heared low clucking and scratching. He looked around to see the cockatrices on the kitchen, munching on some lettuce. 

"You should move their coop closer, or better yet give them their own room" Reema said,she placed a finger on her chin as she observes them.

"Alright, but I'll need wood, and before I can get wood I'm gonna need my coffee" he said reaching out for the kettle to brew himself some. 

"Don't bother, I've made you some" Reema happily glided a particularly large mug towards Lusty. 

"Ohh, thanks love" Lusty said blowing on his mug, steam rised from the cup like fumes of a massive forest fire. 

"Of course" Reema said, she brushed Lusty's messy hair down with her fingers . She walked towards the cockatrices and picked one up, cradling it on her arms. 

"I've named them" she said, Lusty stared at her, sipping his coffee "this one's AM" she said referring to the one on her arms. "And those are MI, RA, SOL,  and LA" she grinned.  Lusty knodded at her but secretly Shook his head slowly, surrendering.

Lusty finished his coffee, and put on his boots. He walked towards the kitchen sink and Bent down. Looking for an old ax underneath, it was a large ax, multiple scratches lined it's surface, the scratches shine outstandingly in a bright silver hue. He snapped his fingers and pointed at the ax. The old ax jiggled and was slowly lifted in the air by an invisible force that only Lusty could control. 

"Shall we go? " he asked, lifting up his chest in a very proud stance. 

"We shall " Reema yellped and ran outside, the cockatrices followed her flapping their wings for speed. 

Lusty got out of the hut too, pushing back his hair that blocks his eye. He looked around, The meadow was so full of colours, every shade of green and yellow blessed his eye, a few small butterflies flapped their tiny wings as they land from flower to another. The sun was warm on his shoulders, but the wind was cool to his skin. He took in the fresh Crisp morning air, it was so light and cool inside his lungs. 

Reema was at the Brook, playing with the cockatrices, they watch as a leaf was carried away by the clear rushing water. Lusty followed them, hopping from time to time to get to them much quicker. 

"I'm pretty sure I'm the one with the ax, you can't cut trees without it" Lusty huffed when he reached them. 

"Yeah, but I know you'll reach us eventually, waiting is not that necessary " Reema serenely said, looking around the thick foliage above, the leaves were thick that it had replaced the sky, small gaps on it where sunlight can pass appeared as large white stars adorning a bright green sky. 

Lusty tailed at her back, observing her through her shoulders, her hair was swaying in the wind, since it had lost it's silver color, her hair seemed to absorb light more, her hair glowed under the sunlight as she pass on an open sky. He reached for her hand and laced his fingers with hers.