chapter 17: between the rocky moutains

"They're getting near" Reema said looking at the thick foliage above. 

There's no way now, they can't turn back, they were cornered in a tall Rocky Cliff. 

An arrow swept passed their heads, it hit a nearby tree. Lusty stared at it sharply, he looked around, wand at the ready for any attack. 

He saw a boy at the Cliff holding an unpulled bow in his hands, he pointed his wand at him, threateningly.  The boy waved for them vigorously. Lusty grabbed Reema's hands and pulled her towards the Cliff. 

"I heard the explosion " the boy shouted. "This way! " he entered a very narrow crack on the stone Cliff, no one could see it if they didn't knew it was there. 

They hid on the dark crack ,unbreathing Lusty noticed that the crack was actually a tunnel.  Then there was angry growls, trees were cracking down, falling into the ground, as the creatures exchange unwordly shrieks. 

"This way" the boy whispered as he slowly walked towards the dark tunnel. It was getting darker as they walked deeper. 

"It's dark" Reema said holding Lusty's hand. 

"Princess Reema?  Is-is that you?  You're back? " the boy recognized Her voice. " the King would be glad to know you're  back"

Lusty raised his wand, faint green light erupted from his wandtip. "We could have used the bottled fire here"

Light had scattered throught the narrow tunnel, their faces was bathed in the faint light. 

"Who are you? " Reema asked. 

"My name is Ryul, Princess" Ryul said to her, he looked at her, then to Lusty. 

His eyes then traveled down into their inter-lacing fingers. 

"You are with a human" Ryul said lowly, not taking his eyes off thier hands. 

"Yes" Reema said sternly, keeping her eyes ahead. 

"But… But princess "

"None of that! " Reema said commandingly.  "I want to know where my father is" she added. 

Ryul cleared his throat. " the King and Your brothers awaits at the end of this tunnel, princess.  We have set camp there" 

"Very well then, let's keep moving " Reema gripped Lusty's hand tighter asking him to forgive the boy, Lusty squeezed hers gently, telling her it's fine. 

"How's your hand? " she worriedly whispered, looking at the hand that holds the wand. Blood is visible even in green light. 

"Hurts. But I'm fine " He whispered back. 

Lusty saw the boy cast a quick glance at his hand. 

No one talked as they tackled the tunnel. The light from Lusty's wand guided them.  It bounced on thier shadows as they step up and down the Rocky rough floor. 

After a long walk the tunnel finally seemed to reach it's end. Light from the outside can finally be seen. They swelled on the other side of the tunnel. There was a small valley ,hidden between two tall Rocky mountains ,and under thick forests of gigantic trees. 

"Where is the King?!,  the princess is with me! " Ryul shouted at everyone  ,leaping out the tunnel's exit. 

"The princess is back! " the people of the camp shouted, running in all directions in seek for the king. 

"How did Ryul know I'm human?, and if he knew I was human why did he helped us? " Lusty asked looking around the camp, there were stone ovens placed on a large bonfire, around it were makeshift tents. 

"He must have thought you're a fae, but it's when we're walking through the tunnel that he knew you must be human" Reema said, holding his hand  "faes are beings of light, they carry light even in complete darkness"

They slowly climed out the tunnel, everyone's eyes locked into them, studying their hands.

"Pssssh" Lusty let out a low breath, the pain on his palm is getting stronger. 

"Your hand, we must treat it" Reema pulled him on the ground. 

Lusty gently obeyed and sat on the ground, Reema held his injured hand between hers.

Reema took a low breath and started singing ,her voice was higher than a nightingale's. 

in a world full of hurt,
cuts and wounds come in rain,
bring back time to heal all pain,

Lusty's wounds closed slowly ,pain bit his whole being, he flinched and flexed, he was getting dizzy.

 turn the clock, turn it back,
do one turn, two turns, three,
from hurting you'll be free,

Reema finished singing, Lusty's hand was covered in blood but finally, pain had let go of him. He struggled to catch his breath as he laid on the ground flat, Reema was kneeling beside him. The people of the camp sorounded them. 

"Reema! " a large voice rised from the people, King Licrun pushed everyone aside as he make his way. Reema's remaining three brothers followed behind him. 

"Finally ,you are back starlight" King Licrun placed his hands on Reema's shoulders. 

"And you! "  he snapped to Lusty, "haven't you learnt your lesson?! " he yelled, pointing a thick large sword on Lusty, Lusty quickly got up and held his wand at the ready. Not taking his eyes off King Licrun's

King Licrun swung his blade with full force, Lusty rolled on the ground avoiding it. His eyes were vicious, livid. 

The king pulled his sword up and pointed it again at Lusty. But a low horn  alerted them.  The King quickly widrawed his blade. 

"Hide! " he yelled and grabbed Reema away. The people of the camp extinguished their bonfire and covered the make shift tents with dry branches. 

Lusty remained low, crawling into a trunk of the huge tree that raised towards the skies. 

There was deafening silence, but it was broken when the howling echoed on the skies. Lusty looked above, breathless. The creatures formed dark clouds as they passed their heads. It was a nightmare to watch.