chapter 22: conflict

Reema's voice vibrated through the cave and into Lusty's ears , the warm, light notes of her song cradled him, rocking him softly.  Enveloping him in the thin yet warm emrbrace.  He opened his eyes and looked around,  his blurry vision jumped on the fires that danced in front of low dwarf homes,  gold rocks adorned the high stone ceiling of the cave, sparkling subtly over the rough reddish surface. Casting soft  light identical to that of an early morning

Lusty pushed himself up , eyes wandering around,  he found himself in a bed of straw,  covered in a rougly woven blanket. 

The dragons were huddled in a far corner, away from the fires of the homes, Reema was amongst them,  singing her sweet song for the wounded dragons,  their moans of agony accompanied her voice as it crept inside Lusty's ears. He wanted to run to her but decided against it as a female dwarf approached him,  her orangy skin rippled as a smile stretched on her lips,  a wooden basin was suspended between the strong grips of her thick arms,  her wide shoulders swayed gently with every step of her short thick legs. 

Lusty made a bow as the dwarf settled the basin beside him. 

"I hope the bed is alright my prince,  we had to make it in the shortest time possible,  you can't fit in any of our beds" she said in a very growly voice,  the dwarf dipped a raggy cloth on the water and squeezed it dry. 

"oh yes the bed is nice,  he said rubbing the rough,  crudly woven blanket,  despite the appearance the bed did felt comfortable. 

The dwarf smiled and helped him take off his shirt,  undoing the front buttons. 

Lusty flinched as her rough hands touch his next.  He shook himself and lowered his head,  "I'm sorry ,I'm not just used to someone undressing me"

"I see" said the dwarf lowly "that is quite alright my Prince". She pulled his shirt off and started wiping his back with the damp cloth. 

"no,  no thank you I can do it" he said grabbing the cloth from the dwarf's hands,  but she pulled it back smiling. 

"no,  I'll do it" she said and continued washing Lusty,  she pulled his hands and wiped his arms and chest. 

Another pair of dwarves arrived,  one was taller,  a head taller than a normal dwarf,  his skin was pale yellow,  blue patterns were drawn across his wide chest.  They took a bow before Lusty.  He repaid them , lowering his head.

"You look" Lusty started but paused, the dwarves looked at him expectantly "different" 

The dwarf chuckled,  his voice was smooth and high , different from the other dwarves  that are low and growly. " I'm Kuruba's child,  my mother was a fairy"

"where's your mother? "