Circadian Rhythm

11

Circadian Rhythm (Title by Silversun Pickups)

Stella had been checking in with Rianne after her shift, to see if she really went through with going to see Jay.

And there had been a little bit of late afternoon wine tasting for stress-relieve of her tired firefighter-ass going on. Rianne wasn't sure if Jay would indeed take her up on her offer to stop by after work to 'discuss' her bluntness face to face, but Stella had decided to not stick around for that. She was just on her way out of the loft, when she almost ran into Jay, about to knock on the front-door:

"Oh, good! Is Rianne home?" He quickly recovered from his surprise as she obviously hadn't been the one he was expecting to be at the door.

"Yeah, she just went to take a shower." She didn't tell him it was probably for his sake and to sober up a little after the half bottle of rosé they'd had each.

"Okay, can I come in and wait?"

"I think so. Are you okay?"

Charging into the loft and sounding a little out of breath Jay looked around quickly, searching for something do to with himself. Stella had to suppress a laugh. It was kind of adorable how wired he was.

"Yeah, I just need to talk to her."

Yeah sure, talking would be the last thing on their minds, Stella thought, but didn't lead on that she knew anything about any of this and excused herself quickly:

"Right. I'm off to Molly's – in case you two want to swing by later..."

Stella doubted that they would. It was weird and inappropriate that a little part of her wanted to stick around here after all, but she was so curious how this new dynamic between her friend and Jay would look like, it was almost killing her.

 It was weird and inappropriate that a little part of her wanted to stick around here after all, but she was so curious how this new dynamic between her friend and Jay would look like, it was almost killing her

***

Jay didn't think that they would head into Molly's later, he had other things in mind.

He waited until Stella had really left and then went straight into Rianne's room. He could hear water gushing from her ensuite and a female voice singing to herself. It made him smile. Just in case someone would come back (he wasn't really sure how many people came and went in and out of this place), he locked her bedroom-door and rid himself quickly of his clothes, placing his gun and badge and phone on her nightstand. He didn't try to think about it too much, otherwise he might have called himself a crazy person and backed out of this. This daring side of him concerning sexual matters had been buried for some time now.

The bathroom-door was unlocked, of course it was. By now he had found various proof that Nate and Rianne kept a pretty open-door policy with each other and all of their friends.

He slid the grey steel door to the bathroom open with one smooth motion and instantly walked into a cloud of steam.

Jay noticed he was holding his breath when closed the door again. Her bath wasn't big, but it was beautifully outfitted in a general dark-grey, white and black industrial style. The shower didn't really have a door, just two side walls and a glass pane that took over the half of its width. The bathroom walls were plastered grey in a natural clay look, the floor made of Moroccan style mosaic tiles. The room's natural lighting was aided by the skylight in the middle of it and a crown glass window on the right shower wall.