{13}

"You're lying!"

I sighted at his response. I understood where he was coming from. No one would believe me. Even I don't know if I do.

"I'm not." I said in a not so convincing voice.

"Yes you are.  Just you wait." He said. Pointing his trembling finger my way.

"Eli... please-"

"NO! ITS ALWAYS AKIRA! THE JOB. THE MONEY. THE FAME. EVERYTHING! BUT WHAT DOES THAT LEAVE ME? THE YOUNGEST OF THE TWO. THE USELESS ONE. THE ONE WHO SHOULD 'LOOK MORE LIKE HIS BROTHER'?" He was panting from rage. I didn't dare open my mouth. Knowing that I had nothing to say to him.

"I will make you pay for this." He muttered and left us alone in the living room.

I dismissed Reginald and slumped down on the couch. Thinking about his last words. Not knowing that he would do exactly that.

The time between afternoon and evening. Where the golden rays of the sun were slowly falling on my face was the most peaceful time of the day. The most quite time of the day. The time that everyone except a few guards would've left. The time that Akira would be done with work and so tired that he didn't bother to accept my existence. I looked to my side. Trough the big glass windows that broke off every few steps by the white marble pillars.

Akira had asked me to come to his office. Reginald, who broke this news to me had a terrible expression on his face. Although I couldn't exactly make out what it meant, I was sure that it would be nothing good. Never could I have imagined that the last words Eli had spoken before storming out, would be made reality so soon.

I soon entered his office, leaving Reginald behind the doors. My eyes were looking down as usual and my head was slightly bend downwards. The atmosphere felt somewhat heavy. But I shook it off, telling myself that it was from all the work he must have done. God, was I wrong.

"You called." I said. A simple line. Not to much. Not to little. Enough to give a satisfying opening without, what he called, irritating him.

"What is this?" He asked, his voice even colder than normal. An unusual aura filled the room, leaving me shivering. The already heavy feeling I had became unbearable. Living with him for al those years had imprinted at least this one thing inside my body. This fear that came with the feeling I got from his voice. And right now. I could barely stand straight anymore.

I looked up. To scared to ask him what he meant. It was then that I saw another silhouette, standing in the corner of the room. His tall body and broad shoulders were hidden in the shadow

I don't exactly remember what happened afterwards. But I do know that I was on the verge of collapsing when I heard what Akira said to me.

Those papers that he was holding so roughly. Were apparently documents that proved I was stealing money.

"Get out."