{Raymond}

Kaede walked away with Sophia von Dell on his arm. The way they talked. And the way Sophia clung onto Kaede in front of her fiancé made Akira suspect they had know each other far longer than Kaede implied.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you after work hours mister Inugami." Raymond said gracefully.

They had seen each other on a few occasions before. But always about business. Raymond had heard that Kaede had married Akira Inugami. But he had never asked about it, because he knew better than to mix his personal life with his work. Also because he hadn't seen his best friend in a long time, he hadn't dared to ask. In fear that maybe Kaede didn't want to be found.

"How do you know my husband." Akira asked. He couldn't care less. But he still asked. Wether that be out of playful curiosity or plain boredom.

Raymond grimaced. Only for a second. But it couldn't escape the eyes of the man before him.

"It pains me he hasn't talked about us." Raymond admitted.

Akira stayed silent. He watched on with his cold gaze. Waiting for Raymond to continue.

"We grew up together." Raymond finally answered.

And the stoic expression of Akira faltered for a little.

"He was six and I was five when we first met. He and Sofie were born on the same day. In the same hospital. So they were already joined at the hip. And I soon became the third. Our families came to know each other well over time. We went to the same schools and lived in the same neighborhoods..." Raymond took a deep breath. Thinking about those moments awoke memories he had long thought to be forgotten.

Akira still hadn't talked. He listened on as Raymond told their story.

"We were inseparable... So when he-" Raymond took a moment to collect himself. "So when he got into that accident. And lost everything... We thought we would be the ones to help him up again." He furrowed his brows. His teeth clenched at the thought of that day.

"But not only did he disappear soon after. We later found out he married into the Inugami household. Not from him, but from the rumors and news." Raymond noticed that maybe he had talked to much and stayed silent after those words. He looked at the white haired man in front of him.

Akira's stoic expression and cold gaze planted a fear in ones heart. Deeper than anyone could imagine. But Raymond held on. He didn't break their eye contact.

"You must feel betrayed." Akira commented. Just a comment. Dry and uninterested.

But it still took Raymond by surprise. "No. Not at all. I didn't mean it like that. Really." He hurriedly said. "I completely understand why he did what he did." Raymond's eyes traveled towards the pair on the dance floor.

"He lost everything in a blink of an eye. He not only lost his arm. He lost his entire life. I mean... taking an arm from a fighter. Is like taking the eyes of an artist. Or the legs from a dancer-"

It took a second for Akira to realize what he heard. "Fighter?" He repeated.

"..." Raymond was taken aback.
"Did-did you not know?" He asked. Careful to not anger the man but clearly offended that his best friends husband didn't seem to know.

The white haired man looked the eldest son of the von Dell family up and down with eyes that held a slight hint of curiosity.

Why does he care so much.

"Should I have?"