{Akira}

"I'm sorry you had to find out this way brother."

Elai's voice sounded from behind me. I didn't bother to respond as I looked at my husband's back, walking away from me. The sleeve of his left arm dangling behind him.

I couldn't place it into words but something inside me twisted. It was a terrible feeling of betrayal and anger.

'How dare he.'

I could hear Elai walk towards me. Again placing his hand on my shoulder. I didn't move this time.

"It's better you found out sooner than later."

"Get Reginald."  I said.

"Yes. Of course."

He walked out of the office and I closed my eyes. Taking a deep breath for a moment and took place behind my desk again.

A few moments later Reginald walked in. His light steps echoed as he walked towards my desk, stopping just a few meters away.

"Sir." He was amidst bowing when I gave him my orders.

"Lock his door." I said.

"S-sir?" He came to a halt and looked up. The wrinkles on his face giving his shock away.

"Until I have figured what to do with him, let no one get close to his chambers. That includes the maids who serve his food."

"Sir!"

"Don't make me repeat myself Reginald."

"Sir, with all due respect-"

"I said lock his door." I could see that he still had something to say, but I hoped for him he was wise enough to shut his mouth and keep quiet.

"You're dismissed."

"I know it is not my place to say this sir."

'What is it with everyone today. It's like they want to anger me.'

"But Kaede is a good man. He would never do such a horrendous thing. Please look into it sir. If not for him, for me. For all these years that I have been loyal to the Inugami family. For all the work I've done for your father and his father." After a slight bow, he turned around and finally left. Leaving me alone with my thoughts.

I let out a sight and fell back on my chair. My eyes were glued on the papers on the ground.

Never had I felt so humiliated before. I couldn't care less about the money. Those few thousands of dollars can burn for all I cared. The thing that pained me the most was that he dared deny it in front of me.

But those thoughts soon faltered as I felt the burning sensation on my hand. I looked down and noticed my red palm.

"...did, I go to far?" I let out a sigh.

I know I am not a good husband. Far from it. I do not love him. Nor will it ever come to that.

Yes he can get on my nerves. Yes it is difficult for me to stand him. I get mad. I say things I am not supposed to say. But never have I hit him before. This time however, he has gone to far.

But no matter how hard I think about it, never once did he disobey my words on purpose. Or has stopped me from having one of my many affairs. I know he knows. I'm certain.

He has never done anything that could harm me. So why start now. Why steal when he can already get whatever he desires.

"Why."