{21}

The people that walked into that conference room were unarmed. But even then, every smile felt like a gun to my head. Or a knife in my back.

Danger.

My instincts kicked in once we reached the entrance. I braced myself. But it seems like that was not needed. Akira placed his arm around my waist. He lowered his lips towards my ears and with a threatening voice he growled.

"Do you dare enter."

I stood frozen on my spot as I felt his arm slide of my waist. I watched on as he marched through those doors. All eyes on him.

The doors slowly closed.

I took a deep breath and ...smiled, towards the disappearing back of my husband. He couldn't see me as he faced the other way. He could never see me.

The sound of wood clashing wood echoed through the empty hallways. Causing tremors in my heart.

He was still mad. And I knew that if it wasn't for the importance of today, he would've left me to starve in that room...

Although I'm not sure I would blame him for it if he had.

Rushed steps and ragged breath made me turn my heels and look back. Again that golden hair and those blue eyes. And behind her a man in a beautifully tailored light suite.

She called out to me. Over and over again. I could see the desperation in their eyes. The woman ran towards me. Her golden red dress fluttering. And before I had the chance to think of anything, she threw herself in my arms. Sobbing and shaking.

"K-Kaede!"