Chapter 9

(Catrana in the pic above) Heathers POV
After watching our mate leave the room yesterday the three of us headed back to our room and went to bed.

We were all tired and confused, all we wanted to do was sleep.

The thought of our mate never left my mind her image was stuck in my head all night and when I woke up it was still there.

I woke up early in the morning to find Demitri with one arm around my stomach and Lea was sitting upwards to the other side of me, with a book in her hand.

I looked up at her and smiled she always looked pretty in the morning, while I looked like I just died and came back to life.

I laughed at my own comment which caught Lea's attention because she looked down from her book to me. She smiled and said,

"like what you see?"

I smiled back and curled up next to her and said,

"I always do."

I saw Lea's cheeks flare up with a blush on her face. She put her hands in front of her face and looked away embarrassed.

I smiled at her reaction then noticed Demitri stirring next to me. We both looked over as Demitri started waking up.
She yawned and stretched a little.

It was cute.

She turned to us and opened her eyes, she looked confused and asked,

"what is there something on my face?"

It was only then did I realize that I was staring,

"no your just adorable,"

the comment caused her to react like Lea did and we both laughed at Demiti's reaction.

"Alright enough flirting for the morning we need to get up and get ready, breakfast won't start until we are there,"

said Lea as she began getting out of bed. The three of us began getting ready and after about 30 minutes we're fully dressed and ready.

We all wore some elegant clothing and a crown to top it of. We walked out and made our way to the dinning hall.

Some people were already there and they bowed upon our arrival. I looked around but couldn't see Ambree or our mate.

I could see the other two look around the room, I assumed for the same thing I did.

When they both frowned I'm guessing they found out that she wasn't in the room.

We made our way to the head table and servants brought food onto our table first and then served the others.

About ten more minutes past before everyone else arrived, well almost everyone. I saw Ambree enter the room.

The three of us perked up and put our attention towards her in hopes to see if our mate was with her, but to our surprise she wasn't.

It was only Ambree that walked in, which surprised me cause our mate seemed glued to her side yesterday.

Maybe she was just shy yesterday

I thought to myself. Ambree sat at the only table left which sat closest to ours and took a seat. She was served food and began a conversation with a lady from across the table.

After about thirty minutes of eating, I saw Ambree wave goodbye as the lady she sat with left to go do something else.

I took advantage of the situation and made my way over to her table, my mates following my lead.
As the three of us sat at Ambrees table, she seemed to tense but relaxed quickly when we all sat down.

"So how was your journey to Esteban?"

Asked Demitri in a kind voice to try and calm Ambree down. Ambree smiled and said,

"it was great Marley is a good listener,"

upon hearing our mates name I spoke up,

"speaking of which where is she, isn't she your guard?"

"Marley is a dragon so she doesn't need to eat as much so she wasn't needed at breakfast and meetings bore her to no end, she is outside training, she'll be back when the meeting is over."

Responded Ambree. I could tell Ambree was happy to tell us about our mate I could feel her emotion practically radiating off of her.

"Is she still wearing her hood?"

Lea asked. I was a little surprised she asked the question, I myself didn't think that we could see her face today if her hood was not on.

I looked to Ambree for her answer. She smiled at the question and said,

" No Marley does not have her hood on,"

she stood up and said,

"you will be able to see your mates face after the meeting."

She smiled widely and walked away. I was practically beaming when she left after saying that.

We can finally see our mates face.

Railyn said in my head. I smiled at the thought and turned over to she the other two smiling as well.

We looked at each other and laughed a little at our excitement.

I was so happy, I was finally going to see her.