Chapter 41

3rd POV

Marley woke the next morning with a headache. Probably from sleeping on the ground.

But her irritation vanished when she looked at her bed.

The child and the baby were still sleeping soundly and Marley couldn't help but smile at the two precious children.

Sighing she got up and went out of her room. She was hoping to find some food for the two.

She walked quietly through the halls and to the kitchen.

The only people she saw were servants and other staff members getting ready for the royals day.

It was still early in the morning so most people were still asleep.

After getting lost for about 10 minutes Marley finally found her way to the kitchen.

Though there weren't very many people there.
There were only about 4 or 5 people there and they were all cleaning the tableware.

Realising that the chefs probably weren't up yet Marley decided to make something herself.

Marley had asked one of the servants if there was any kind of recipe she could use.

They said no but offered to write one down that they knew. And Marley agreed.

Eventually Marley got started, mixing and baking the products she found around the kitchen.
It took her a good amount of time, considering the fact that she spilled a couple of times and had to ask for help.

Once she was finally finished she thanked the staff and made her way back to her room, a tray of food in her hands.

However just as she turned the corner she ran into someone, almost tripping and spilling the food.

She had expected it to be one of the queens but when she turned around she was surprised to see the small child from the night before.

The child looked sad and a little scared.
Marley looked down at her quizzically, before putting the tray down and kneeling down to the child.
.
.
.
Heather POV {10 minutes before}

I couldn't sleep.

That much was clear, I had tossed and turned all night but I couldn't seem to stay asleep long enough.
Eventually I just got up.

I knew it was early in the morning, the sun just barely peeking over the horizon.

I looked over and saw the other two asleep.
Demitri cuddling up to Lea as Lea brought and arm protectively around her.

I smiled slightly before getting up.
I closed the door quietly and walked the halls. Making my way to the kitchen, I was irritated and needed some water.

I was about to turn a corner when a recognizable voice sounded in my ears.

"What are you doing up so early?"

It was Marley.
At first I thought she was talking to me, until I heard another voice, only this one was new to me.

"I woke up and you weren't there, I got scared so I came looking for you,"