Chapter 44

T/W mention of abuse and blood
_________________________________
3rd POV {In Esteban}

The castle seemed quiet as the days went on.
Two weeks had passed and not a sight of Marley was found.

The queens were desperate to get her back, but no one could find any trace of the dragon.

Currently Heather was on her balcony with Lea they were cuddling on the chairs trying to feel comfort in each other's arms.

Demitri was elsewhere claiming that she had something important to do though she didn't say much else before running off.

The day was slowly setting and the sky turned to a beautiful mix of orange and pink, lighting up the darkening sky.

Though the light did little to comfort the two queens, they both knew that without Marley the three were incomplete, they never felt the pull of their fourth mate so strong until now.

Now they wanted nothing but Marley, and without her the days seemed longer and boring.

All seemed silent until Ambree burst through the balcony doors.
Startling the two.

"Apologies for rushing in so suddenly but you two are needed, come with me it's about Marley,"

Hearing her name the two were quick to get out of their chairs.
Ambree began walking away, the two quickly fallowing her.
They walked fast through the corridors almost as if they were running at a slow pace.
Once they finally reached their destination Ambree opened a set of two large wooden doors.

Inside was Demitri, Zion, Sovia and a large group of palace guards.

"Demitri what's going on?"

Lea asked as she looked around the room and back to her wife.

"We believe we might be know the location of Marley,"

"What!"

The two queens said as the walked around the table to stand next to their smaller mate.

"I remember a while ago Marley mentioned that she had fought a creature called a dafta, though I knew nothing of it since I don't dabble in dark magic, but knowing the abilities of myself as a witch, I figured that it was creatures of dark magic that took Marley,"

"How does all of this relate to finding Marley?"

Lea asked, her face contorting into one of confusion.

"Well I was able to tap into some dark magic using my own power, and because of that I was able to sense other dark magic users,"

Heather widened her eyes slightly as she began to understand where Demitri was going with this,

"So I scanned the lands, I was able to send out a wave of power across the kingdoms, and upon doing so I found one area in particular that had an extreme amount of dark magic from it,"

Demitri stopped for a minute as she rolled out the map that was before, by her side.
She rolled it on the table and on the paper, was an area that was circled in black ink.