Chapter 47

3rd POV

Marley had left early that next morning.
She left a note for her mates telling her she had some business to take care of. And with giving Demitri a kiss to the cheek, she left the room, her lovers still soundly sleeping.

Marley walked through the halls, letting her mind think back to these past weeks.

But her thoughts were cut off when she saw the familiar room.

Smiling, Marley knocked softly on the door, and heard a familiar 'come in' from the other side
Marley opened the door and closed it on her way in, though she barely got three steps in when she felt a familiar pair of arms wrap around her waist.

She looked down seeing Analise, she smiled at the young girl. Her curly brown hair in a tangled mess.
But she didn't seem to care, she simply hugged Marley's waist tighter.

Marley kneeled down, holding the young girl in her arms. Picking her up.
Annalise turned her head to look at Marley, her face a mix on worry and relief,

"You couldn't sleep again?"

Marley had asked her voice in a tone of worry for the poor child. Annalise nodded at the question

"They said that you were gone, that they couldn't find you, and when they did, you were hurt,"

Marley could hear Analise's  voice cracking slightly as her eyes watered up, but the tears never ended up going down her face.

Marley sighed and she leaned her head in and touched foreheads with the girl, the girl smiled at the simple gesture,

"We'll, I'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere"

"You promise?"

Annalise asked, her quivering voice mixing with sternness,
Marley closed her eyes and nodded her head,

"I swear it,"

With this answer Annalise seemed content, she seemed to relax in Marley's arms letting her body stay carried by Marley.

"How has Freya been doing?"

Marley asked as she carried Annalise and walked them to Freya's crib,

"She's been crying a lot, I think she missed you,"

Marley simply nodded. She wrapped one arm around Annalise and put one finger to Freya's tiny hand.

The child seemed to be asleep, but she was fidgeting slightly.

Marley was caught  off guard when the baby's hand wrapped around her finger and the child seemed to fully relax at the warm contact

"We both missed you ya'know?"

Annalise said as she watched her sister wrap her hand around Marley's finger.

"I know, so why don't we all spend the day together, would you like to eat something later, we can have a picnic in the garden,"

Annalise smiled brightly,

"Ok! Let's do that, I can wear the dress you got me!"