Chapter 31

3rd POV

Marley decided to try her plan out.

She put it to action fairly quickly.

It was found relatively easy for the first three days.
The queens had a lot of meetings and jobs around the place since the kingdom was preparing for a festival.

Marley found it easy since the queens were typically too busy anyways.

However

By the sixth day Lea became a little suspicious.
She hadn't spent anytime with Marley in the past week, nor had her wives.
Marley seemed to have an excuse each time, and she wasn't attending my of the meals, usually only one a day, and she only talked to Ambree which the three queens felt strong jealousy towards.

Perhaps she was just paranoid since Marley was their mate but, there was some evidence there.
Lea could tell at least a little that Marley was trying to not be with them.

It angered her greatly.

She was hurt by the realizatdion but figured that there was probably an explanation as to why.
Marley isn't the person to just blow people off and leave them with nothing.

So what was her reasoning?

Was there something wrong?

Is it something the three did?

The queens were confused they didn't know what could be the answer. K
The tried to talk to Ambree but she was just as clueless, which surprised the queens.

It was now Saturday, about 7 days since they told Marley that she was their mate.

It became clear that she was avoiding them.
The three discussed it with each other and confessed to thinking the same thing.

They collectively decided to try and confront her, but an opportunity didn't present itself.

They figured that they would do it privately so that people wouldn't know and Marley wouldn't be embarrassed, but Marley seemed to catch up on it.
When the three would approach her she would find people to surround her.

Because of this the queens couldn't find a time with just her.

They tried at night but Marley wouldn't open the door, claiming to be on night flight or going to bed early.

The queens were thoroughly annoyed.
Not with Marley particularly but at the fact that they didn't why she was doing this.

They didn't know if it was something they said or did.

They were so clueless and annoyed.
They wanted to fix what ever problem was going on, but how could they if they didn't even know what the problem was.

Finally about a day later an opportunity arrived.
Marley had decided to take a walk, at night.
She found the palace grounds peaceful and the moon gave her enough light.

She walked down the halls and out the palace, her warriors jacket now on.

She needed some fresh air after the day.
She had successfully avoided the three for the week.
But did it actually do anything?