Chapter 24

3rd POV
Marley looked at the three.
A small smile etching into her face. She got up quietly.
The three watched her as she moved. Her wings draping over her body as she moved.

Marley got down onto one knee, her head bowed to the three.

"Greetings,"

Marley then looked up to the three,

"Your majesty's,"

Lea looked down at Marley, her eyes fixated on her wings. She remembered when Demitri had talked about them.

And she wasn't lying when she said that they were beautiful.

They looked powerful, as if they could blow the queens away, from where they stood.

Heather looked down and caught Marleys eyes. But this time it was different.

The last time she encountered Marley like this, the girl had refused to meet her eyes, but now.

Now it was different.

She looked up at the three a new look in her eyes.

Though Heather couldn't tell what it was.
Demitri was the first of the three to speak up.

"Ambree came and talked to us, she said that you seemed upset, are you alright?"

"Yes, your majesty, I am alright."

Demitri frowned, she didn't really like the way Marley was saying your majesty.

In her eyes they were equal, and Marley didn't need to give them formalities.

"Can-can I ask you a question Marley?"

This time Heather spoke.

Marley nodded and patted the ground next to her
for the three to sit and join her.

They gladly took her invitation and sat on the ground next to her.

The group now sat in a sort of circle.
As Marley went to put her wings back, Lea said,

"If you want you can leave them out,"
Lea was gesturing towards Marleys wings.

"Are you sure, they are not bothering you your majesty?"

Marley asked

Lea shook her head,

" I think there quite nice, they bring a comfort to me, make me feel protected."

Upon hearing her answer Marley then put her right wing and wrapped it around Lea, just barely touching her skin, but it gave off warmth and Lea felt content.

Her left wing staying close to her side.
Marley then put her attention to Heather who had yet to ask her question.

"What is your question, your majesty"

Heather too did not like that Marley used such formalities with the three, though she understood why she used them, she just didn't like her mate seeing them as unequal.