-𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐠 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲

SIXTEEN :

The Big Uneasy

"You're up early

"You're up early. After the night we had, I expected you to sleep in." Genevieve told Klaus, she had woken up in Klaus's bed only to find the Original painting a portrait of her.

"Yes, well, morning sun offers the best light. Hold still. I'm almost finished." she smiled while stretching.

"In my last life, I was far too modest if I was in the nude

"In my last life, I was far too modest if I was in the nude."

"Well, then consider yourself much improved. Modesty is for the weak." as got out of the bed to look at the painting, but Klaus hide it from her.

"Well, are you gonna show me?" as Klaus said, "The painting is a gift. A token to honor our pact." as Genevieve said, "Our pact? We had such a lovely night, and now I see it was all a means to an end." by the sound of it all, you could still she was a bit offended.

"A rather delicious means to a mutually beneficial end."

"Tell me. Beyond the pleasures of last night and the promise of what I'm sure is an exquisite painting, what exactly would a French Quarter witch gain from aligning with you?"

"Well, the treaty my dear brother and daughter negotiated between the warring factions of this city, the one that you yourself signed. No doubt everyone means well, but this is after all...

"...Still the French Quarter?" as Klaus added, "A borough rife with natural enemies. What you and your witches need is the protection only I can provide. No one- not vampires, not werewolves, not even my brother-- will dare trifle with you if I am on your side."

"And in exchange, I am to offer you what, exactly?" as Klaus said, " All I ask is for the promise of your allegiance. One never knows when a powerful witch might come in handy."

"Well, then." as they kissed once more.

✧✧✧

Later in the day, Ava had found herself in the middle of the compound helping her uncle fix the place up, she was surrounded by renovators.