-𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬

NINE :

Reigning Pain in New Orleans

Klaus had set up a dinner table which was set up in the courtyard to celebrate his return to leadership over New Orleans and his repossession of the Abbatoir compound from Marcel

The vampire army, including Marcel and his closest friends, were seated around the table, and Klaus, Ava and Hayley were seated at each end. Klaus called for everyone's attention to give a speech by tapping his glass with his fork.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine."

Klaus gestured toward a group of waiters and waitresses to have them join them at the table, one for each guest. "Insatiable need, exquisite pain" as the servants slit their wrists with knives, filling the cups with blood for the vampires.

"Our victories, and our defeats." as he rose his glass and added "To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow." as Marcel lifted his glass and added "and the party never end!"

"To New Orleans !" Diego said as Klaus said "To New Orleans!" as everybody said " New Orleans"

Everyone at the table then took a drink.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires." Klaus told everybody.

"What about them ? The wolf and the human ?" as he pointed to Ava and Hayley who were at the far end of the table. "Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." as he walked to the end of the table were Ava and Hayley sat at.

"As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. And Ava is my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay them the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of me and Hayley child's and Ava to create hybrids. I assure you I do not."